Thursday, February 12, 2009

Americana Quilts

I just deleted the posts I made, so if you are back things may look a bit different.

In honor of Presidents Day, Lincoln's 200th birthday, a new president and our vacation we will be taking to DC I am going to show you my collection of Americana style quilts.



This is a star sampler I made from my second class at the Stitchin' Post in 1994. This involved a little more precision and for that I am grateful. I'm a humble quilter and don't always feel the need for pointy points. If I need them, I am capable. That's what I appreciated about this class. I hand quilted this.




These little quilts don't see daylight too often. They were fun to make at the time and it is funny for me to see that I've been drawn to the more primitive style for quite a while now. They were made back in 1995-1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!