Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Applique, Applique, Applique

I love applique and after reviewing the photos I can see quite a bit of progression. My skills certainly are not perfected, but that is why I called my blog Humble Quilts. They are what they are, and I love them, even if my circles aren't perfect!!
This is a pattern by Pat Sloan- Ma Ma's Garden.



I couldn't find the pattern for this one, but it is one I just finished recently. It is hand appliqued with wool and cotton.
I'm not sure why but I really wasn't happy with this one. It may be the colors, (I love cheddar!)or maybe because it is just too spindly!
Both are machine quilted.

4 comments:

  1. I like both of your quilts, but really love the Pat Sloan one. I might have to look for that pattern. Thanks for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have the Pat Sloan pattern. I think I like your fabric choices better than what is on the pattern. We certainly like the same style quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog through a friend. You do such beautiful work and I loved looking at all your quilts. Looking forward to following your blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mama's Garden is wonderful. I have the pattern and like your colors better. Someone did the pattern with a few poodles added, it was cute, I may do that too. You do great applique- so don't be too humble :)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!