Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Vintage Quilts

There is just something about a vintage quilt that I love. I deeply admire the old fashioned applique with tons of quilting, but I also love the simplicity of quilts that warmed the house and home. This quilt I picked up at the local thrift store. I may have paid a dollar for it. I'm sure it was meant to go in a dog house or to soak up an oily spill in the garage. I'm so glad I snagged it!!

My daughter has it now and uses it to stay warm. (One of a few quilts that she has.) Unless I'm buying an heirloom, I want my quilts and textiles to be used, washed and loved. I have yet to have a quilt fall apart in the washing machine.
More vintage quilts to come!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt. Something I want to make. It must be a fun quilt to make just cut and sew !


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin