Monday, June 29, 2009

On My Design Wall

I've seen a few bloggers who are snapping photos of their design wall on Mondays. I'm enjoying seeing what's hanging in other quilter's sewing room so I thought I'd share today. Hmmmm, looks like a lot of little quilts going on in my room! I've talked about the basket block and snowball just recently. They haven't moved from this spot since then!
I am trying to decide what to do with the lone log cabin. I didn't enjoy it enough to make more of the same, but I could add more of something to make it big enough for a wallhanging. (any ideas?)
The little applique blocks to the left were 4 little blocks I found while cleaning, so I whipped up a little sash and made a mini 4 block quilt.
Does that funky green and pink center block look familiar? That was in my crumb pile now destined to be a scrappy little medallion. I'm so glad I didn't throw it out.
So, that's on my wall this week. What's on your design wall?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot of goodies in the works. I like that log cabin and have seen a lot of similar ones posted in blogland, usually as part of a larger primative style quilt. Maybe you could make some small blocks to add to it and make it a seasonal wall hanging. Like some trees for Xmas or a flag & eagle for a 4th of July type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have been busy! I like Julie's idea for the log cabin...maybe add a few small log cabin blocks too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the log cabin. You could surround it in log cabin blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *yummy* Lots of inspiring things on your wall . . . . I hope my new place will offer the space for a wall of my very own *s*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowballs. I think little log cabin block might add nicely to your log cabin block. I am also glad you did throw away the pink and green. It is very cute indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made placemats with four of the log cabin blocks but you only have one. A pine tree to the side and maybe use it as a medallion center. I like the idea of log cabin blocks surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the log cabin and was going to say the same as Karen - use log cabin blocks around it. How big is the cabin?

    Nothing is up on the wall yet - I have to get some blocks finished first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking small log cabin blocks around the cabin too. Great minds think alike, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH I love that log cabin block
    I have wanted to make that quilt forever!!!
    I would make it into a medallion quilt
    that would be an awesome center ....
    all things outdoorsy! bear paw blocks,
    trees, stars, eagles, you get the idea...
    like the snowball little quilt too!
    yes I am glad you didn't throw out the pink and green quilt
    too cute!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori.. that's what's going on!! I wondered why there were so many design wall photos!!
    Yours looks like you have many finishes in progress...what great incentives.
    It looks like everyone has the same idea I have for your log cabin it could be thematic for a medallion log cabin quilt.. many possibilites for a great block. Can't wait to see what you have in store for next Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lori,
    I just found your blog and I'm glad to be able to follow your quilting adventures!
    jan

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!

Archive

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin