Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Feathered Star Quilts

Here are a few more wonderful vintage feathered star quilts.

Look at the quilting on this one! How can "simple" crosshatching look so complicated?! It is stunning!
They just had to put a wee bit of cheddar in there.
I've made two feathered stars. This one was made so long ago I don't even remember making it! I like it a lot though.
This one was made by paper piecing, and even then I messed it up. Good quilt friends don't mind a few little mistakes in their gifts.

2 comments:

  1. The cross hatching looks so good. I think because it is double lines of stitching. Lots of time spent doing it, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of channel quilting but not sure I really want to ever try it!!!!
    I KNOW how much work it would be!
    thanks for sharing these pictures I just love feathered star quilts
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!

Archive

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin