Friday, September 4, 2009

Vintage Quilts for Inspiration


If you haven't noticed I get a lot of pleasure from vintage quilts. I also get quite a few ideas and inspiration from them too. Sometimes it is just one border, other times it's the color combination. I've been browsing around looking for ideas for a medallion quilt and thought I'd share a few of my favorite links for old quilts.

Hart Cottage Quilts- Do you know how to spot a Chinese knockoff? You will not only find that information, but a whole lot more!

The Quilt Index- I would imagine most of you know about this one.

The Quilt Complex-The Quilt Complex specializes in buying, selling and appraising antique quilts made between 1780 and 1950. And a slew of good information.

Buckboard Antique Quilts and Textiles

Winterthur Digital Collection


International Quilt Study Center & Museum


National Quilt Register of Australia

These are just a few of the online places you can find vintage quilts for inspiration. Feel free to post your favorites in the comments.






4 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the links! The doll quilt is such a cutie. I'll bet a few of us will be inspired to recreate this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The links are fantastic. I want to put my feet up and spend some quality time going through them, one by one-- whenever I can get hubbie away from the computer. I think we're ready for networking in this house.
    Cute little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that treasure trove of information and inspiration. I could spend hours browsing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for great links, I see a couple I haven't visited.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!

Archive

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin