Friday, January 8, 2010

Cheddar Cheese & Crackers Part 2

It looks like this will only be 3 parts. This part doesn't have a lot of sewing, but you will need to layout your blocks to get the printed fabric in the right place.

If you would like to make a large quilt, next week I'll post a few different block sizes so you can do that.

If you have left a comment and are on "no reply" I cannot respond to your question. Email me and I'll tell you how to change your settings. I think blogging is much more interactive when we can email directly. (hint- hint- Nyla)

Onto Cheddar Cheese and Crackers.....

If you haven't done so already cut 3- 5 1/4" squares from the cheddar fabric. Cut them twice on the diagonal to make 12 triangles triangles total. These will be your outside edges.

Lay out your blocks and again, you'll need to match up printed fabric triangles that are across from each other and squares that connect. You'll get to use the last 4 colored prints on the corners.

When attaching the pieced triangle to the cheddar line up the pieces at the bottom. Press away from the cheddar piece. (I edited the pressing- sorry)
Almost done. How are you liking it? The more I piece, the more I love it!!!


  1. On the previous part we pressed toward the triangles, but now we are pressing toward the cheddar? Is that right?

  2. I really like the looks of this quilt! I have too many projects going right now, but this is on my "to make" list!

  3. Great quilt, Lori. I'm working on other projects at the moment, but will put this on my list. This gives me a chance to go shopping for some "Cheddar" fabric.

  4. Thanks Lori - I can't wait to get started!

  5. Wish I could be participating. I have seen pieces on parts on a couple blogs of people joined in on the sew along.

  6. Lori, I think that I like this enough to make it again, so I'm looking forward to your instructions for that.
    Love your new header quilt, so homey. I just want to snuggle up with it and watch the snow fall.

  7. I was having so much fun sewing this that I went off on a tangent and finished a little wall hanging! I DID run into seam matching (pressing) problems but I just perservered. Now I see your new header and I'm all agog yet again. You have the best stuff on your blog, Lori. I want to make them all!

  8. I'm loving this one too Lori. Since I have so many other things to work on, the pace is good for me and I'd happily make a full size one one day.

  9. I can't wait to start this quilt......just a couple of things to finish first!
    Thank you for your inspiration!

  10. Grat quilt. You're so sweet to share the tutorial. And I LOVE the quilt in your blog header!

  11. Lori, the two steps have been great, nice directions and easy to follow. Thanks so much for doing this, I'm really enjoying it. Donna McL

  12. Ok, Lori, I think I fixed the problem and will continue to work on my profile when I get a chance. Sorry about that, I'm a computer beginner so bear with me please. The Cheese & Crackers mini directions look great and I'm looking forward to starting it. I have a couple of other projects I must catch up on first, but getting there. Thanks so much for the great tutorial.

  13. This is so much fun! Can't wait for Step 3.


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin