My friend Jill shared this great little exhibit with me. It is at the Cocalico Valley Historical Society in Ephrata, PA. It looks like it would be worth a stop if you are nearby. The exhibit runs through May 15th.
Seriously, who has ever heard of a quilted privy bag?
Jill writes, "I was told that these bags were hung in the outhouses ONLY for company, and pages of the Sears catalog, or whatever paper, were put in them."
I think they are too cute to go in an outhouse!! Wouldn't you agree?
- ► 2014 (144)
- ► 2013 (172)
- ► 2012 (167)
- ► 2011 (130)
- Oregon Quilt Documentation
- Strawberry Fields- Part 1 Revisited
- Quilt show
- Strawberry Fields quiltalong- Let's sew! Part 1
- Strawberry Fields Quiltalong!
- Something to Crow About
- Old Fashioned Bed Turning
- Under the Big Top
- House Party
- Wool Crazy- Block One DONE!!
- Poole Forge Quilts
- Centennial Church Block
- Decorative Privy Bags....Yep!
- ▼ April (13)