Monday, May 3, 2010

Strawberry Fields Half Blocks

Until I saw Ann's blog this morning I completely forgot I have step by step instructions for making the half blocks. Most of you probably have enough skills to figure this out, but I want everyone to feel confident in making these. May I suggest you read the whole post first, then make your block.

Lay out your pieces. As I mentioned before it really doesn't matter if you have all 4 sides on the economy patches.

Sew the blocks together in the row.

Then sew the rows together.

I don't need to sew all the way down so I turn my piece and go right off the edge. (or put in your leader/ender project)

Hopefully you'll end up with a block that isn't quite as wonky as mine!!!

Oops, you may want to wait to trim the block until you have added the sashing. I had to do a bit of trimming.
But if you'd prefer to trim....

Don't just trim your block from corner to corner. We still need 1/4" seam allowance. Line up your 1/4" mark from corner to corner...

Then trim. Woo-Hoo! You did it!!!


  1. You are a great teacher! WoNDERFUL tutorial! :)

  2. Thank you, Lori!
    I will get my homework done right away!
    Oh , I am having so much fun!

  3. Thanks for posting this, Lori. I'm not that far along yet but I'll be ready and this will be here and we'll be good!

    You see, I'm busy hand quilting and I'm rusty and it's not pretty. For real. Embarrassing to the family. Sheesh. Bummer.

    This is going to be so pretty though.

  4. Looks fabulous Lori, still saving it though because I have blinkers on as you know.

  5. Great instructions and such an enticing little project. Mine is on hold for a little while longer, till I get a few other things done that are screaming my name.


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin