Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sold! 4 Times!!

Thank you Willy Wonky for being so quick on the purchase button! My AAQI quilt was sold quickly...then again..and again..and finally one more time! LOL

Here's a funny note explaining how that happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori,

I think you just won some kind of record! Your quilt was purchased FOUR times! Let me explain. Our website isn't automated. We have to visit the website to pull of orders and when we do we manually take the buy button off (when the quilt is sold or when it is ordered and we put "sale pending"). It is possible, tho unlikely, that a second customer can therefore order the quilt before the web page is published. We pulled off the first order and processed it. The order was placed Tuesday. Our volunteer forgot to publish the page to make the changes visible. Somehow, later on Tuesday, 3 more people ordered your quilt! Still not sure how that happened and why those orders weren't visible to us when we processed orders today. Long story short, does it help to let your readers know that your quilts are available to purchase? ABSOLUTELY! That was the fastest $50 bucks the AAQI made this month!
Thank you for making your quilt and for blogging about it! Thank you A LOT!!
Ami :)
 
Founder & Executive Director, Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

More than $713,000 raised for Alzheimer's research since January 2006. Help us make a difference...one quilt at a time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you readers for trying to purchase my quilt! I think this means I need to get busy and make a few more. I sent an email to join to $1000 pledge. It looks like this last quilt sold puts me at $574.67 raised for this wonderful cause. 

Hit the AAQI link  and find another lovely quilt to purchase. You have hundreds to choose from!!

30 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I knew this little treasure was going to be a winner - but 4 times!!! who would have thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Congratulations and definitely make more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to feel good! I almost purchased it myself (just think--a fifth purchase), but wasn't sure it was in the budget until we got paid today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! It is a cute little quilt, and a heartfelt writing from you as well. Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, that's so totally neat. What a magical event. It's neat how this happened and now encouraging you (and probably some of us readers) to do more. Great vibe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn it! He beat me to the draw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well that is an impressive story, i was thinking you needed to make the quilt three more times, oh dear! but you're such a dear probably would and it is a wonderful cause.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! Your quilt was certainly in demand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great! All of it! You go girl, and make a bunch more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent! Get those AAQI quilts made and out there for more $$$$!!! It's such a worthy cause, Alzheimer's touching both our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cause and such a cute quilt. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so fun and for such a good cause. Congrats on the four buyers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's adorable! It's no wonder it sold 4 times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, that is one huge compliment and so nice that Bill has a little quilt of yours. Definitely make more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yep, i knew it wouldn't be there for long~!

    good for you Lori.


    ;-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you making three more then Lori!? Though even then you couldn't satisfy demand I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just read about your quilt on Wonky World where it will be much appreciated it seems - very touching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why they all wanted to buy it, I love it too! Isn't this funny, 4 people who want your quilt sooo badly...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome!! So can you make the same quilt again for auction? Everyone loves a happy little quilt, I am so happy that it sold so quickly for their auction!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So I could have tried to buy it...making a fifth sale. LOL
    It will be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful and I can see why it sold 4 times...so perky and cheerful!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lori, just read the blog post from the girl that bought your quilt. It's wonderful, a tribute to all those affected by this disease. It must have made you smile that it was bought 4 times!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How great to know that so many liked your very cute quilt. And what a wonderful tribute on Bill's blog. You must be so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not surprised, over achiever!! Glad to know you!
    I love the way you quilted it..very artsy!
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL, Karen- the buyer is a guy, not a gal. Hee-hee! Can't believe it sold three more times after I bought it, and can't believe I was lucky enough to be faster than everyone else. The announcement was on Facebook for about 45 minutes before I saw it, so you all had a chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, this is awesome, and such a great cause. Loved reading about the story of what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, congrats! And it is truely a beautiful quilt!
    Just popping in to say I received your QoV swap fabrics - thnaks so much! They are perfect for my next project! Hope you got the cowboys by now?
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations. What a nice story to tell. It is not surprising it sold so fast. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great story. Every bit helps and you are truly doing your part - again, and again, and again and again *s*

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic! I am waiting for an AAQI quilt I made to be listed. I'm excited to see what it goes for! :) Every bit counts!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!