My son lived in Denmark for a year while he was an exchange student. My son's host mom, Lene, was an exchange student herself in the 70's and is very Americanized.They wanted to surprise my son, Ken, with a traditional American Thanksgiving. They purchased a huge turkey and were planning on all the trimmings too.
They told me later they froze the pieces of turkey that he cut off and they were eating it for months!
Because this was a surprise, earlier in the day they were casually asking Kenny what he has for Thanksgiving meal at home, and he thought for a moment and said, "HAM"!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you near and far. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reading this blog and enriching my life with your friendship and comments.
- ► 2016 (139)
- ► 2015 (168)
- ► 2014 (171)
- Tiptoe Thru the Tulips and the Knappenberger Quilt...
- A Danish Thanksgving
- Wednesday Update
- Winner! Winner! Chicken Dinner!
- Elm Creek Companion Winner
- Are you a No Reply Commenter?
- Juniper Flats & Elm Creek Giveaway
- Iron Clean Review and Quilting
- New Low-Tech Design Wall
- Calling All Elm Creek Quilt Book Fans!!
- Sally Post Half a Quilt and Hanging Sleeve
- Snowman Wool Applique
- PJ Sale at the Stichin' Post
- Under the Big Top- DONE!!
- Wool Applique & Faithful Quilts
- Quiltworks- First Friday
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2012 (167)
- ► 2011 (130)
- ► 2010 (132)