Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Out and About

I met up with my sister and we had a little road trip to McCall Idaho where she has a small condo. This is our second year of getting together there (Just her and I ) and we decided we needed to make it a yearly event.

This little town has at least 2 quilt stores, (If there is a 3rd, we couldn't find it) My sis is traveling overseas in a couple of weeks and wanted a small hand project to bring with her. Of course, the quilt shop had just the project! 
This is designed by Sue Spargo and came as a little kit.



The shop is called Huckleberry Patches. This quilt was a raffle to raise money for Quilts of Valor.

The shop had lots of wool.

This cabinet is super cute laden with Moda toweling and cute ideas.

Looks at this sweet top!

Designed by Blackbird Designs.

Pamphlets for Quilts of Valor  and lots of Americana ideas. 

Isn't this darling??!!

 Another nice quilt shop is Granny's Attic. It was well stocked, but not necessarily with my style of patterns and fabric.
I found this is my sisters closet and she said the previous owners had left it with the condo. It has a lovely label, but with no last name. I wonder if the recipient wasn't into quilts? My sister enjoys it so at least it is at a good home.

I hope you all are doing well. I'm gone again this weekend! I love staying busy and staying active. I'll be running the Hood to Coast Relay! 200 miles of craziness! (12 people splitting up that mileage)

Take care lovely friends.

14 comments:

  1. I guessed that the basket quilt was a Blackbird Designs pattern and then saw that you had a picture of the pattern booklet. I like the look of the quilt very much. Always good that a vacation spot has at least one good quilt shop. I stopped at two on my recent trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Huckleberry Patches. Fun shop. Loaded with fun Samples. Good to spend time with your sister. Mine doesn't quilt so I have to do other things with her. Cute Sue Spargo kit she found, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt shops with lots of great ideas! Sounds like you're doing a Ragnar race. My SIL does them all the time and my daughter did one a couple of years ago. Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like great shops. Sister time is so special! Good luck with the run.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to have sister time! I can't imagine anyone leaving a quilt behind, but it surely went to a good home! Have fun on your run this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed the little quilt shop tour. It's so smart to plan sister time. I have a cousin who is like a sister and we always plan a "girls weekend" together in the summer. We may have to do it in the fall this year as summer got away from us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little getaway for you two! And to be able to stop at a couple of quilt shops.
    Love the little piece Shiela got for her trip.
    have a good run; I remember last year it was blazing hot...
    Be safe...
    xxxs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fun time with your sister.
    I have been to McCall a couple of times, but just got ice cream and walked along the water's edge. After the fact someone told me about Huckleberry Patches. Now I am sorry I never thought to look for a quilt shop while there.
    That is such a fun little kit for a hand stitching project.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing all these pics about the stores ! It's always fun to spend time with family...
    Have fun for your run ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice shops! I love that basket quilt. I might have to check it out. Glad you got some time with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great time to spend together! Nice stores, wonderful fabrics, I wish I could find stores like this here! Have fun on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fabulous shop hop. Love to see charming fabric displays

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s always fun to find a new quilt shop or two - hope your race went well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that basket block quilt. It would be a lovely one to use as a centre medallion feature block.

    Looks like a lovely shop. Haven't been to that town, will have to see where it is in the state.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!