Friday, November 23, 2018

Sapphire Celebration- Enter Your Quilt!

Next year Quilts, Inc will be celebrating 45 years and along with that celebration they will have a special exhibit of blue and white quilts. I have a few of those and may enter one!
Eclipse block. This will not meet the size criteria.
 Here's the details:

Sapphire Celebration:
   Celebrating 45 Years

Get ready to make a blue and white quilt for the 45th anniversary of the International Quilt Festival in 2019.

• Entries may be Traditional, Modern
     or Art.
• Entries must have been made between 1974 and 2019.
• The minimum size is 50” x 50”
• You may enter up to five quilts.
• The quilts will be kept for three years from August 2019 to  August 2022.

I'll keep you updated or you can follow Quilts, Inc here and get the info delivered directly to your inbox!

This vintage Robbing Peter to Pay Paul does not meet the age criteria.

It is such a darling quilt in my collection.

The last 3 I have were all made with friends so we could get a big variety of blues.

 This is called Road to CA and I started it in CA!

 I call this one Road to Paducah (pretty clever, huh??) My friend Kat and I made a trip to Paducah and it was to commemorate that trip.
Love the quilting she did on this one!


And this was my most current finish of a blue and white. Brick Wall of Wabash County designed by Tara Lynn Baison of Quilters Ridge.

I have 2 other blue and white quilts that I want to make, but I'm a slow stitcher, so doubt I would have time to enter them.

Consider making a quilt for the show! Have a fantastic weekend, friends.

6 comments:

  1. You have some great blue and white quilts! It will be a wonderful exhibit :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last one! I have a blue and white toile that is on our bed. Do t think I could part with it for three years though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue/white quilts--more than red/white. But I realize I've never made one.
    You have a lovely selection, Lori. I especially love that last one. Simple putting the brick design on the diagonal really gives it a whole new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Kat made some great quilts; the blue and whites are almost my favorites!
    Now I need to figure out where I can find mine. I think I've made two...
    thanks for the info.
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!