Monday, January 14, 2019

Lincoln Museum Quilt

I'm slowly getting the Lincoln Museum quilt blocks put together.  I used them as a leader/ender of sorts while working on the quilt for Diane's blog hop book quilt. I won the pattern and a box of plaids from Barbara Brackman. I am hoping to get the quilt completed and it can make the rounds with my guild lecture this year- "Reruns, Quilts Inspired by the Past."
BTW, I'm available! Contact me if you are interested in having me speak at your guild.

Here's Barbara's version of the story:

About ten years ago Deb Rowden and I wrote to the Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield, Illinois, telling them that the vintage quilt covering young Abe Lincoln's parents’ bed in the cabin exhibit was an anachronism---vintage, but the wrong vintage.

We were thrilled when they took us up on our offer to make a reproduction quilt more in keeping with the time period. We made a quilt for the bed there.

You can read more about it HERE. 
And if you'd like the pattern it is available as a download. HERE



14 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten you were making this. I have the pattern, too. It is one of those "someday" quilts for me, that may never happen. I do love it in the cozy plaids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt and the book is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were the perfect person to have won this fabric kit! Your blocks are beautiful. Are you using homespuns as part of the mix?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never met a homespun plaid quilt that I didn't love. This one is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've falling in love with all the homespuns you use!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's just something about working with plaids. They just seem to generate love.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks great Lori! can't go wrong with good ole' Abe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice progress - and the homespun and stars are a match made in heaven - love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Love the look! I may have to add one to my 'want-to-make' list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely quilt! Perfect for snuggling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great little quilt!! LOVE what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quilt, such a perfect Lori/ humble quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is WOW! It is beautiful!! You have done such a lovely job, enjoy the pleasure of the accomplishment! Such blogs are great to read.
    Regards, ctnbee

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!