Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wool Applique

Cheri Payne was so generous with her patterns and this is a little one called Bless Your Heart. I saw this version by Kelley Belfast and loved it so much I asked if I could copy it. 
I looked for a hand project to bring to Texas and this is what I chose. I love wool applique and do a simple whip stitch. I'll grab a scrap of batting when I'm back at Debbie's and stop by a quilt shop and pick me up a little piece to back it. I'll likely have it finished before I get home.

We are having a lovely time with our friends although I underpacked warm clothes! When I am in Houston in November it is very warm I'm so glad I brought my down jacket this time!!

Here's a sneak peak on our fishing trip Tuesday on the Gulf.



We had an amazing meal last night including this fresh snapper and boudain balls!



15 comments:

  1. Warmer weather for the next few days then we will get our winter this weekend ;) . Nice snappers, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your catch-of-the-day looks amazingly delicious! Love your little wool applique project too. After reeling that big one in, your hands & arms may be a little too tired to stitch! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's some nice snapper. It's one of my favorites. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is such a sweet little heart quilt!
    Quite a catch, Lori! Good job. I don't think I have ever had Red Snapper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your heart quilt is sweet - you'll be ready for Valentine's Day :0) The fish are such a nice color - I'm glad they taste good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brr, such a cold dark ocean. The fish are beauriful, I can't imagine capturing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the simplest things are the most beautiful, love your heart piece.
    I would guess it is cold on the ocean, here you freeze to death at the beach, even with warm clothes.
    Great catch, don't think I have ever eaten snapper.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What delicious eating. Glad you are enjoying the gulf. Yes, our weather changes, going to have 70s, Thursday and Friday, Saturday high will be in the morning and then hard freeze Sunday and Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet little wool project :) Nice catch--snapper is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is what you call fresh fish...... and you called the Gulf the Gulf....not the ocean as many do... extra points for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great catch! That fish is almost as big as you. What a fun day.
    Looks like 8 fish in the cooler, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a fun time in the gulf! Hope you were able to find some interesting quilt shops too!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!