Friday, September 18, 2026

Ohio's Miami Valley Quilts- REPOST

I love revisiting amazing antique quilts and am so thrilled I got to see these in person!

This is a repost from September 2023




Because I made this quilt in 2016 I was really looking forward to seeing the exhibit of Ohio's Miami Valley quilts at the International Quilt Museum! 

Here is my finished quilt:

Karen Beigh and I did this one together and she was instrumental in designing our quilts!

These were the books we used. 

Sue Cummings book does not have patterns but inspiration. 

Anita Shackelford does have patterns in her booklet.

I don't have much to say about these quilts so I'll let you enjoy! They were really incredible!













Loved the quilting!










So doggone cute!




My favorite of the exhibit.




Love the hand quilting! 


Laurie's favorite. 

I feel extremely fortunate to be able to see these in person. 

Have an amazing week!







 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reposting these Miami Valley quilts! I was fortunate to hear Sue Cummings talk about these quilts and see them at a historical society meeting in Miami County, OH (where I live - north of Dayton). I didn't know if you knew that she passed away in 2016. I was saddened to see that her wonderful work in documenting these quilts was not mentioned in her obituary. But she did so many other impressive things in her life. I love that you made your own version with your friend. I need to add it to my quilt bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reposting this. I'm again working on my version honoring my Ohio pioneer ancestors. Right or wrong, whatever history decides, these people were hardworking and brave, later generations were quilters etc. Tho no known album quilts like this exist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great repost. I recently found my copy of the Ohio Valley quilts on my shelf and dream of making something of my own. Thanks for reposting

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!