Monday, May 18, 2009

Ginger Grove

Ginger Grove is a quilt made with wool and cotton by Sue Spargo and I really enjoyed making it. The one problem I did have was when I was machine quilting. Because the wool has so much "give" it really bunched and stretched and was so hard to quilt. After all the handwork I didn't want to ruin it with my quilting. I think it turned out OK, but would not machine quilt anything like this again.
BTW, because I will not be washing this I did not use spray baste. I only use that if I know I can wash it out when I'm done.

6 comments:

  1. You have done a lot of wool projects! Was this from a kit? I have a friend who made this one. I never purchased the pattern but I do like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is lovely! My kinda quilty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colors on this one. I hope it's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects are so fun....I will be checking back often! In fact....you are inspiring me....I think I will go pull out my latest wool kit (still in the shopping bag). :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful wool pieces. Is your mom the Idaho Quilter? I saw on her blog she was moving to Portland. That leaves one less quilter here in Idaho. But you have great shops in Portland so I know whe will have great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her patterns, one of these days I will make a quilt using all my favorite blocks from her books
    The quilting looks great , love your color choices the quilt is awesome, hope you have it hanging someplace special in your home .
    have really enjoyed all the penny rugs too. ARe they displayed in your home too?
    I have made a few mostly winter designs.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!