Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Road Trip

I had a hair appointment with my daughter in Portland on Friday and because I was in no hurry to get home I decided to visit a quilt shop I don't get to very often. As you'll see from the photos it is packed to the gills with decent priced fabric with lots of reproductions- well actually with a lot of everything!

This is the road that takes me to Country Manor Fabrics in Battle Ground, Washington. You really do need to know where you are going as you won't be accidentally driving by this store.

This is the only sign that tells you there is a quilt shop.

Even as you turn in you might still be a little confused.

Hmmmm, still no sign. But straight ahead is the shop.


It's obvious once you walk in the owner isn't organized. But I will say, my trips there are few and far between but she always recognizes me and remembers I'm from Central Oregon.







One room is dedicated to fabrics on sale. Great prices too!


More overflowing fabric on sale. It really is amazing and kind of fun to dig through.

Needless to say I helped stimulate the economy.

This next shot is from Fabric Depot's Outdoor sale which runs most of the summer.


As you can tell it was a beautiful day. Here's Mt St. Helens, which is in Washington state.
Beautiful Mt. Hood I get to see every time I go to Portland.


6 comments:

  1. I would love to dig through the fabric in that store. The store reminds me of a place in South Carolina I went to a couple times. Not because of the amount of fabric but being out in no where and in a very unlikely building. You never knew what you would find there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time! If I didn't know better I would say the photos of the fabric store were taken here in Pennsylvania at Verna's! It's on the same kind of road, in the same kind of building without a sign and the inside is almost exactly the same! It's a great place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - your pictures remind me of a trip I made to central Indiana. I asked where a quilt store was. They told me down the road and make a left at the horse-drawn carriage sign and go down two miles. Well, I came across a building like the one you had in your picture. The inside was totally filled, floor to ceiling, with fabrics except for the back, where there was an Amish General Store. What fun that was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot all about Country Manor and Fabric Depot is one of my all time favorites. Have you been to Primitive Thimble in Battle Ground? Fantastic shop!!!

    It's nice you had such good weather for the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun to go hunting in that store! Sometimes the treasure we turn up is well worth the effort we put into it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fellow DJer Patti Chartrand brought me here last year, and to the Primitive Thimble, along with my fabric loving 5 and 6 year olds...that was one wild place!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!