Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Strippie Quilts

I was fortunate enough to see Kaye England at Sisters one year. I thought she was a hoot and was drawn to her quilts. I had been wanting to make a strippie quilt for some time and I saw that she would be teaching a class at the Stitchin' Post so I jumped at the chance.
These are the quilts she brought with her.



This strippie reminds me of the really old busy fabric quilts that I love.





















This little churn dash strippie is one I did in class.



This black one is one I made using blocks I received in a swap. I think I got the whole strippie thing out of my system.











4 comments:

  1. I like to make strippie quilts. I made a quilt top like the first one shown in your post and that was many years ago. I don't have it any more so I must have donated it to the guild auction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful quilts! I have a strippie planned and partially cut - 4-patch on point. I really should get back to it.

    I love yours! Churn dash is one of my favorite blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great show and tell. I love all of the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilts are just beautiful. What a treat to actually meet Kaye!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!