Thursday, September 10, 2009

Another Lovely Vintage Quilt

Here is another vintage quilt from Sisters. Of course, I love red, white and blue and the zig zag setting is really great. But what really blew me away......

Was the backing! The man told us it was French. I think it is so charming!
I'm sure I would never have been so bold to put this on the back of a quilt. I think that's why I love it so much. It's unexpected!


  1. That quilt is drop-dead gorgeous. I want it.

    WV: ionops -- the name for that little bitty crease just under the earlobe

  2. Another pretty....I love that back too!

  3. I love red, white and blue quilts and this one is just wonderful...what a great quilt!

  4. Those surprise backs on quilts always make me smile. Thanks for sharing it with us.

  5. OMG is that ever wonderful...that back is incredible...a huge surprise.

  6. A beautiful quilt and the backing is very unusual, you'd think they would have used that lovely fabric for another quilt.

  7. What a beautiful and unusual fabric on the back! I would love to know the story of how that elegant French fabric got on the back of the pretty yet utilitarian quilt. Maybe the quilt was finished at a later date. Louise

  8. That is one wild backing print. Can you imagine wearing a house dress or apron done in those colors. Love the front also.


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin