Monday, October 3, 2011

AAQI and Name Winner

I have amazing blog readers!! I was hoping to reach 100 comments (minimum) and we came so close. With 2 people emailing me because of difficulty leaving a comment we had a total of 95 comments!! Woo-Hoo!!

Libby from Paper Napkin Poetry and Cheryl from Sew Many Quilts, So Little Time has generously offered a dollar a comment too!!  So that is $285 and 2 quilts to sell!!

I'd like to donate my share in memory of Dick Watters who succumbed to Alzheimer's in late August. May he be at peace now.

If anyone else would like to donate here is the address: You can do it online, but mailing a check saves any additional fees to AAQI.
 Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative
1200 Creekwood Trail
Burton, MI 48509

So, are you all wondering what I chose for quilt titles? It was really hard as there were so many wonderful names.
Sunshine Bloom which was submitted by Debbie @ WoolnSails.


There were so many great names that it came down to specific words.....bloom or blossom? Bloom or Blooms? Of or For? I chose Bloom of Hope submitted by Carol, no blog.

I would also like to use "Promise" and "Hope" in future quilts and that was submitted by
Marsha from Grandma's Quilts.

Debbie, Carol and Marsha will you please email me your mailing address and I will send you off 4 FQer's each. Thanks so much!!


Thank you all so much for playing along and commenting for a good cause.

17 comments:

  1. Awesome! So glad you raised so much - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ami Simms loved your doing this, Lori. It was thoughtful, generous, and so creative of you. Congratulations on two beautiful quilts, a whole bunch of money to donate and good people working towards a cause. Now,if everyone who gave money will just buy our quilts in the future this adventure can continue on and on until we find a cure and I can remember and not forget all of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on a wonderful fund raising activity. I love the names you chose for the quilts. My check is on its way to AAQI.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the names you chose for your beautiful pieces and it is such a worthy cause.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice thing you did here, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful!! Glad it went well. Love the names!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lori, I am honored that you have chosen to donate the proceeds in memory of Dick. I know you never knew him but know for sure he would have liked you and what you are doing.
    Big hugs from this side of the pond.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, I am happy you liked the names I suggested. It is wonderful you raised so much to donate to AAQI. Both of your quilts are gorgeous. Thanks for all you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so fun to see these 2 little quilts together. I like the red binding on the 2nd one. What a great fundraiser for a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful names, they suit you little quilts perfectly. congratulations on raising so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw your original post but couldn't think of a name and then forgot to come back again until today.

    Your two names are great and well deserved.

    Congratulations to the names and on the funds you raised.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful. Congrats to the winners. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet--and heart warming --to read that you are making your generous donation in memory of Sue's husband.
    You selected perfect names, but we knew you would. Both of the little finishes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful way to raise funds for the AAQI.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the fund raiser. And the address...I will be sending a check today too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your success at obtaining so many comments and matching funds as well. I know your little quilts and the money will be much appreciated by Ami's group.

    ReplyDelete
  17. have been out of town but am so pleased to hear that this was such a success.

    two great names for two sweet little quilts and a fair bit of money as icing on the cake~!

    well done Lori~!!!~

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!