Monday, February 13, 2012

Quilt Exchange


Posted by Picasa

Look at this wonderful quilt! The end of last year I saw Karen had been involved in some terrific one on one swaps and I wanted to do one with her. You may remember that I met Karen last August before cruising with Bonnie Hunter.  I laugh when I see a lot of Karen's quilts because we have so many patterns and quilts that are the same.  Anyway in December I made the suggestion and after the new year we made a plan to swap before Valentines day. This is the quilt I received from Karen. Isn't it amazing?! The applique blocks in the corners are 5"- oh yea, the hand applique blocks are 5". I don't think I could even prep applique pieces that small!!  I totally love the colors as well. It fits me to a T. I'm as thrilled as I ever could be. Thank you so much Karen!!
Now, you will need to go to her blog to see what I made for her: Log Cabin Quilter

We started a blog for the Jubilee quilt I've talked about a few times. Lisa (no blog, no email) and Meredithe were the only ones I didn't have an email to send an invite to join the blog. If any of you are going to make a jubilee quilt, you are certainly welcome to join in. Send me your email address and start the fun!! You can see the icon on my sidebar if you want to visit: The Jubilee Quilt Project
I'm still waiting for fabric.....

I am going to be reviewing 3 books this month!! I am so excited, as I will not do a review on anything I wouldn't want to win or purchase myself. You will love the books!! Be prepared to be inspired. I'm sewing a pattern from one of the books now. Gee, gotta test the patterns as well as read them!!

24 comments:

  1. Must be Dejavu. I think I have seen this quilt before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing little quilt!! Those applique blocks are so lovely and it's quilted beautifully - it looks like it might be hand quilting. I'm going over to see Karen's quilt now :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous quilt! Yummmy yummy cheddar. Karen is a very talented quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet exchange..a quilt made by Karen! It is beautiful and such a rich expression of her artistic quilting passion. This is a treasure! What a great idea to swap! Your quilt for her is perfect! No doubt she loves it as much as you love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful swap = this is a lovely quilt and so you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! You hit the jackpot!! Such a fun swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh!! That quilt is just incredible. The colors, the star and the applique are all what I would want in a quilt. Can you tell me the finished size? Love it! Way to go Karen! Now I am off to see what (wonderful) quilt you sent to her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little quilt is stunning! I nearly fell off my chair when you said how small it is. Wow!! I bet the one you've sent is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE what you sent and what you recieved, how fabulous! I think as quilters we treasure these items so much more than non quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not twins separated at birth, are you? You've truly found a quilting sister- both interested in the same types of quilts and even the same patterns. It's nice that you got to meet as you were heading to your cruise. Another coincidence, her living so near to your departure site.
    Your gift quilt to Karen looks as unique and generous as hers to you. And the similarity in fabric colors--definitely a sisterly thing.
    Great exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have been awarded the Versatile Blogger from Me - Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like great fun! Both are beautiful quilts.
    Thank you both for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the one your gave AND the one you received.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both quilts are lovely. I could definitely see Karen making the one you made too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great challenge and gorgeous quilts to boot *s*

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both gorgeous quilts. Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous quilt Lori! And the one you made is just as great! Both very talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What fabulous little quilts you both made. What fun! Still on the fence about making a Jubilee quilt. With a new baby coming this year, I may wait until my 60th to take on such a project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes, Karen did a wonderful job making something just for you. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lori, this is such a treasure!! And hand quilted, of course. Just beautiful! I has seen Karen's post, so I was aware of the exchange. How perfect for the two of you--great minds...etc. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. i can hardly wait to see the posts with the book reviews~!!~

    your trade quilt is absolutely beautiful. such tiny applique ~ wow~! i loved the one that you made for Karen too, especially the date worked into the top~!

    i am ready to be a BIG girl now and will be making my own jubilee quilt. have some ideas and a beautiful start. you'll have to fill me in on what else i need to do.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, what a wonderful exchange - both quilts are fantastic treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You both did very well with your quilt exchange! Both quilts are just gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!