Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pillowcase Dress Finale

 The title of this post says finale, but we all know these little dresses made by loving hands are just starting their journey!!

Thank you Cathy, Marian and Danice!!

 And the very last 3 came from McEwen in PA. (no note or first name!) Thank you!!!

 I told you last week I was packing today. So before work I brought the stacks in from the garage where I had been storing them.
 Two friends came over and we started by separating them into small, medium, large and extra large.
We folded them and stacked  them in piles of 10, then I put them, by size into space bags. 
I had to pull a few tricks to get them all situated  and not go over 50 pounds per bag. I also had 50 new testament Spanish Bibles,  a pile of beanie babies,  a few school supplies, hygiene items, and toys. Well, I'm going to need to find a couple of other team members from Central Oregon to check bags for me.

My things? Well, I'm taking my bag as carry-on only. It should be easier to pack for Bolivia than it was for France. I'm not leaving until October 25th, so have time to figure it out.

Are you wondering what the grand total of dresses were?

242!!!! So amazing! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! From the bottom of my heart!
Words can not express how overwhelmed I feel!!

I'm so excited to get there and start distributing! Other people are bringing things as well so don't feel sorry for those little boys.

Love to you all!



19 comments:

  1. wow! Congrats on so many wonderful dresses!!! Have a great trip - glad that I could be a small part of your generous mission work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Barb, thanks for letting us all be part of this mission. Safe travels, can't wait for pictures. Happy Sewing!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I had to laugh at your carry-on situation. These will be so appreciated. And Congratulations on your blog corner appearance in Quiltmania. You deserve it. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Wonderful that so many people participated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! Wow !! Congratulations for this exploit !! And congratulations for all the men and women who participated !
    Have a safe trip to Bolivia ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 242! Just wonderful! Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you safe travels Lori. Wish I were a fly on the wall when you present the dresses.

    Congrats also on appearing in Quiltmania! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is wonderful and wish I could have helped, maybe next time.
    I still need to get out of my fog state, so for now I just make things that have no thinking or timeline;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!! Although a lot of work, must have been so fun packing all those darling dresses and goodies! Definitely a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful show of love from quilters all over, Lori. Thanks for letting us participate.
    How very exciting to think of all of the good you will be able to do with those bags filled with love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori,This is wonderful.:) Can you tell me how big the biggest ones are, as our church is making them for Haiti, and your big ones look bigger than our pattern. We are using the pattern from Nancy's Notions. Thanks for your wonderful caring and love for those less fortunate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That's exciting to be able to bring that much love with you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an amazing number of dresses, Lori, you must be thrilled!! I feel so fortunate to have been able to play a small part in this worthwhile cause, and i would love to see the smiles on those little girls faces when you hand out the dresses.
    Have a wonderful trip and remember to take lots of photos :)) cheers... Marian

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's amazing! I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am glad to see this post on the Little Dresses for Africa. I sent several dresses a couple of years ago but got too busy with other projects. I still have stacks of fabric. I have wondered if the project is on-going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are many places that accept them on-going. I'm leaving in a week, so this one is not.

      Delete
  15. Lots of love folded into every little dress.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!