Friday, June 23, 2017

No Waste Flying Geese

Thank you all for the sweet comments on my Benjamin Biggs quilt. I wish I had the time to reply to each one of you personally! I really do appreciate you taking the time to read and comment! 

Making the Wabash Co quilt will require quite a few flying geese. In my opinion this is the way to make a lot of them. Kathy didn't remember doing this technique, but while I was visiting Ohio she cranked them out like nobody's brother! I thought I'd show it briefly to refresh your memory.

Finished size determines what size to cut your large and small squares. You can find a size chart HERE.

Press toward the larger triangle.


Press and trim! Ta-da!
Now to find some time in my sewing room!

We went to a mid week concert! It was better than I expected. 
 Starting us off was Don Felder, lead guitarist for the Eagles for 26 years! I enjoyed him more than I enjoyed the Eagles concert. Of course, we had amazing seats and that helps too!!
 Next up was Styx. We have seen them once before and enjoyed them too.
The night was closed out by REO Speedwagon. They are all getting old, but they 
can still rock and play the guitar like crazy.


Here's my Instagram feed for the week.

Have a fantastic weekend!!

12 comments:

  1. I love flying geese, thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever tried that method before. Very interesting! Always wished we'd have made it to an eagles concert.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that method a lot and find it pretty accurate. We saw Styx when they played at our County Fair and enjoyed the concert. Yes they are all getting old! The first album I ever bought was an Eagles one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This looks even faster than my square in a square method. I'll give it a try. Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tutorial! I needed this for my plaid quilt border!!!! Next time I will have it. Glad you had fun at the concert, those are some of my favorite groups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girlfriend, thanks for the chart for different sizes! I did like making the geese that method. There will be many more geese containing quilts in my future since you showed me how easy and accurate theyare with this method. Miss my quilting pal already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know that I have used this method, but I have pinned the chart. Hopefully next time I have a bunch of flying geese to create, I will remember to give this a try, with the help of your photos. I am such a visual learner, I often don't even attempt new methods unless I see them demonstrated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's my favorite method. I never can get them to turn out good using any other method.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great way to make Geese! It changed my whole POV about using the block. Cool concert!

    What is the strange creature upper left corner of your Instagram feed? I hope it s not a bug!!!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great techique, my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the flying geese tutorial and for posting the cheat sheet source. Always good to know this method when making flying geese. HUGS... and stitches

    p.s. I have up, my little patriotic quilt that "I WON!" from you! It says 2010 on the label. Has it really been 7 years?!? Again, thank you so much for it! Still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All those groups in ONE concert? That sounds amazing! Did it go really late??? ;-)
    Thanks for the reminder of the flying geese technique. there are so many.
    I recently did some using the ruler Wing Clipper and they came out great!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!