Monday, November 20, 2017

Heart of Gratitude

Since this is the week of Thanksgiving it seems appropriate that I share my gratitude for all of you who have made dresses and donated to my trip to Colombia. 


 Laurie made these despite having back surgery and still recovering! Thank you friend~!
 And I received 2 boxes from the Sunriver Quilt Club. Thank you Carolyn, Donna and Marlene for getting these to me!
They also included other girl outfits and goodies. Thank you!!! 
 Do you also realize your donations to my mission trip will also help bring clean fresh water to a community that doesn't have any? 
My, what we take for granted! I cannot imagine having to walk 1 or 2 miles (or more) for fresh water. 

 I remember being so surprised at how sandy Peru was. 
The community was so appreciative. They realized that their lives would change so much because fresh water would be accessible for them. Thank you for thinking BIG and sharing with me!

Blessings to you have have helped!

8 comments:

  1. Quite an assortment of sizes for the dresses. Will make many little girls happy. I did not know that the mission trips also brought water to a community. A blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dresses ! Oh my...I'm late to make my dresses but I will do them this week !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We thank You, Lori, for your dedication to these people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling to help be a part of that.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful dresses and I like the different styles. Hopefully I can get back my sewing skills and make dresses. We do take things for granted and simple things like having fresh water, means so much to them, it is a wonderful thing that you are doing.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many generous people, including yourself.
    I love to see efforts to bring clean water where there has been none. So vital!
    You do so much good with your mission trips, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilters are the nicest! what cute dresses

    ReplyDelete
  8. More pretty dresses. I am still going to be sending some as well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!