Monday, January 15, 2018

Stitchin' Post Update

Jean Wells, owner of the Stitchin' Post in Sisters, Oregon,  is retiring and along with handing the reins to her daughter Val. The store closed for a few days While they and updated their store look.  I was in Sisters on Saturday which was the day they reopened. 
It was bright and airy and it looked fantastic!

 I saw my online friends, Diane's book, displayed prominently. I love that!
 Saw this adorable display hanging. I thought it was one by Tonye but it isn't.  It reminded me of my long put aside house quilt. You can see it HERE. I need to get back to that!
 The Stitchin' Post will have their grand re-opening on January 27th. 
My friend, Michelle, brought her Cheri Payne Santa quilt for basting. She had also brought fusible batting, which did NOT work with the sf 101 interfacing on the back of her quilt top. It gives the quilt a bit more body when appliqueing wool on cotton. We ended up pin basting it. This is her first hand quilted quilt project! I don't know why I didn't have her hold it up- it is super adorable!!

That's it for today. Make it a fantastic week!



10 comments:

  1. I miss visiting Sisters. Our daughter moved from Bend about 4 years ago so I never get back that way now. Maybe after we get our 5th wheel and start doing some traveling we will head down that way . . . there are some wonderful camp grounds in that area. I love that small quilt with the houses, so pretty and the shop looks very welcoming . . . wish I was there:)
    Happy Quilting!
    Connie :)
    P.S. Pop over and put your name in the hat for my 6th year blogging anniversary Give-A-Way, the more the merrier:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only been in Stitchin' Post once on my way to my daughter's. They were busy, and we were in a hurry, so I really didn't get much of a chance to even look around. I look forward to having a chance to browse at a more leisurely pace on a future visit. Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took two classes from Jean Wells when she was in Orlando teaching at a retreat. A delightful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! I bet the store really does have a different feel already! So many years since I've been able to visit there....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That just made my whole day! Thanks so much for sharing the photos, it's a store that has been on my bucket list for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great store! cute wall hanging. I can't imagine hand quilting through fusible batting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I !went over Sunday with a girlfriend, it looks fabulous! Hi Michelle! Love your Santa quilt

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful store, jam-packed with treasures. I wish I had a shop like that to visit here. Also nice to see a business passed to the next generation.

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The quilt is adorable even on the ironing board. I love the colors/fabrics she used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to Jean on her retirement! I have been a fan of hers since way back when her book
    A Patchworthy Apparel Book was published. She has provided a lot of inspiration through the years. May her daughter Val have many more successful years with the shop!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!