Friday, February 16, 2018

Foothills QAL with Mary Elizabeth Kinch

Chain and Bar Quilt, Maker Unknown, Alberta, c. dates not specified, cotton, 185.5 cm x 179 cm, from the collection of University of Alberta Museums.

 Mary Elizabeth Kinch shared this fun, whimsical awesome quilt on her 12 days of Christmas and she, and others, fell in love with it! So she is having a quiltalong and you can find all the info HERE.  She is amazingly thorough with her instructions. (nothing like me! LOL) and if you want to 
sew along, you can sign up HERE
I managed to make one block! 24 more to go! LOL  Blocks are 12" finished. 


I'll be posting next week although I'll be absent! See you on the other side of Colombia!! Follow me on instagram if you want to see photos from Cartagena  throughout the week.
Love to you all!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, WOW! I need to investigate this!

    Blessings on you and all you minister to and travel with. xx n

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, you are joining in the fun! I love your first block. I cut my first one out but changed my mind on colorway so I am on to the cutting board again. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Those are my kind of instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you were drawn to this quilt and would be making one of your own. Twelve inch blocks with the sashings/strips between will make a very usable size quilt. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m always late on posting comment, I like your block .
    I’ll pray for you to have a safe trip to Colombia! Looking for your next post!
    Rina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful quilt. Really caught my eye! But I am resisting SALs this year, so I will just be watching the fun.
    I'll be praying for your safe travels and effective efforts on your mission trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block looks great! I was tempted by this quiltalong - I live in Alberta after all. It will be fun to watch your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is amazing! Love it. I'm sooo tempted to join in, but will wait a few days and see how it goes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What and amazing quilt! And the author, whose name escapes me, sorry!, has so much to teach me/ us even if I only make one block.It also very much looks like Lori quilt so I know your version will be wonderful.

    91 in Cartagena, yay. Gonna feel really nice on cold winter bones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Safe and healthy journey, Lori
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt. Your block looks great as well. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quilt, the blocks are so interesting! I hope you have a wonderful time and safe journey. Can't wait to see what you share when you get back. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!