Thursday, May 14, 2009

Penny Rugs and Wool Applique

This is one of my favorite wool applique that I've done. Unfortunately I cannot remember who the designer was. Such a simple piece but elegant too.
This is the last penny rug I made. Ugh! I love it, but I would really like to find an easier way to cut the pennies. I heard that you can use a Sizzix machine, but I don't know anything about them and wouldn't know which one to get. (any help here?) Also, I actually had a design planned out with the color placement, but I mixed it up somehow, which shouldn't surprise me because I do that all the time putting quilt blocks together in rows.
I hope you aren't getting bored with the woollies yet.

6 comments:

  1. I'll never get tired of looking at your woolie projects! Love em. I made one of the penny rugs/mat and the worst part was tacking them together so that everything lay straight and flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not one bit tired of looking at your woolie projects. I assume you cut the circles out by hand. It is hard to get them nice and round. I do not know anything about the machine you mentioned. Sounds expensive unless you are doing bunches of something with it.

    I do like the design with the pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm enjoying your woolie show n tell. Penny rugs are time consuming and so beautiful when finished. I am making the Wool Garden quilt from PG only in a light background. Gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wool? Tired of wool? NEVER! Love your penny rug mat.... they are definitely an undertaking. I was more frustrated by all the circular sewing... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wool projects! I read about using a Sissex machine, too, but thought the same about not knowing what kind to get. If you figure it out could you post about it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lovely wool work - I will be doing some soon.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!