Thursday, May 14, 2009

Penny Rugs and Wool Applique

This is one of my favorite wool applique that I've done. Unfortunately I cannot remember who the designer was. Such a simple piece but elegant too.
This is the last penny rug I made. Ugh! I love it, but I would really like to find an easier way to cut the pennies. I heard that you can use a Sizzix machine, but I don't know anything about them and wouldn't know which one to get. (any help here?) Also, I actually had a design planned out with the color placement, but I mixed it up somehow, which shouldn't surprise me because I do that all the time putting quilt blocks together in rows.
I hope you aren't getting bored with the woollies yet.


  1. I'll never get tired of looking at your woolie projects! Love em. I made one of the penny rugs/mat and the worst part was tacking them together so that everything lay straight and flat.

  2. I am not one bit tired of looking at your woolie projects. I assume you cut the circles out by hand. It is hard to get them nice and round. I do not know anything about the machine you mentioned. Sounds expensive unless you are doing bunches of something with it.

    I do like the design with the pot!

  3. I'm enjoying your woolie show n tell. Penny rugs are time consuming and so beautiful when finished. I am making the Wool Garden quilt from PG only in a light background. Gorgeous quilt.

  4. Wool? Tired of wool? NEVER! Love your penny rug mat.... they are definitely an undertaking. I was more frustrated by all the circular sewing... sigh.

  5. I love your wool projects! I read about using a Sissex machine, too, but thought the same about not knowing what kind to get. If you figure it out could you post about it?

  6. Love the lovely wool work - I will be doing some soon.


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin