Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sisters Sewathon

I snapped this photo as I was getting ready to leave on Sunday for Sunriver. No quilter wants to leave anything important behind!

I couldn't wait to start showing a few photos of our week of sewing. To the left of this table was another table with 2 machines set up. We had 2 ironing stations and 2 cutting stations. There was plenty of room and it worked out wonderfully.

We had a lot of laughs, a lot of fabric and a lot of sewing going on!

I picked up this mess of a top back in May. The fabric dates to the late 1800's-early 1900's. Nearly every one of the patches were different! It was amazing to look at as I took it apart to reconstruct. I've been on the hunt for replacements since May. I kept the fabrics that were in good shape and replaced the ones that would never survive in a new quilt.

This was the first project I completed this past week. I had all the patches cut out and ready to sew. The lighting in the photos are not that good but I figured I'd be showing it again once it's quilted.

Why in the world would this pattern be called Chinese coins? I think it is just a basic strippy. (I think I said I was done with strippies for awhile- guess not!)

More of the Sisters quilt show tomorrow.


  1. Know what you mean by not wanting to leave anything behind so you pack everything but the kitchen sink. I left the pedal to my sewing machine at home one time but was close enough to go get it. What a great sewing time you all must have had.

  2. It looks like you had a good time. I love your new/old quilt.

  3. Okay, I admit it - I'm jealous. And happy for you all at the same time. What a fun trip!

  4. Looks like you packed all the important stuff!


I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!



Blog Widget by LinkWithin