I couldn't wait to start showing a few photos of our week of sewing. To the left of this table was another table with 2 machines set up. We had 2 ironing stations and 2 cutting stations. There was plenty of room and it worked out wonderfully.
We had a lot of laughs, a lot of fabric and a lot of sewing going on!
I picked up this mess of a top back in May. The fabric dates to the late 1800's-early 1900's. Nearly every one of the patches were different! It was amazing to look at as I took it apart to reconstruct. I've been on the hunt for replacements since May. I kept the fabrics that were in good shape and replaced the ones that would never survive in a new quilt.
This was the first project I completed this past week. I had all the patches cut out and ready to sew. The lighting in the photos are not that good but I figured I'd be showing it again once it's quilted.