Thursday, July 30, 2009

Summer Sewathon continued

I was working on this in March when I went sewing with Randy and Bonnie. I feel like I made pretty good progress this time. I want a total of 80 blocks and only had about 7 or 8 more to make. I didn't have them all laid out in this photo.


While cleaning the sewing room I found a few "spare" nine patch blocks and friendship star blocks. This is how I used them up. I'm not sure what I will do for a border yet. I don't always feel like I have to put a border on my quilts, but this one is a bit small yet.

So, I used some of my orphan blocks and came home with some of Pat's! Now I have 30+ beautiful 9 patches!!! They don't seem quite like orphans since I didn't make them.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that quilt is sweet - some friends and I swapped blocks like those a few years ago. It's super scrappy!

    Love your orphan blocks project, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your orphan blocks...setting them with the red was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love both of them. I don't necessarily want a border on all of my quilts either. Seems like a lot of the antique quilts didn't have borders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your quilts are just delicious! Would seem we have just the same taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both those quilts, the first one has been on my list forever, what size are your blocks? Sometimes the quilts tell you wether or not they want a border.

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!

Archive

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin