Monday, August 17, 2009

Antique Quilts- Last One

Got back late last night from a whirlwind trip to Southern CA for a wedding. Here the last quilts from the special display at the High Desert Museum. I hope you have enjoyed them. I know I certainly did.

A super graphic tied quilt with a pieced back and no batting. This was one of the newer quilts in the collection.



This eagle quilt was the oldest in the collection.

Information from the display:

"This quilt portrays the great seal of the united states. The central medallion, an appliqued eagle, dates anywhere from 1785-?.(too blurry from my photo) The flowered chintz used is typical of broderie purse (a style of quilting when a motif is cut from cloth and appliqued onto the quilt) It is likely the quilt was made in stages, with the last stars added when Texas became a state in 1847.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing those wonderful quilts with us. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.

Because of the recent uptake in spam I am no longer allowing anonymous comments. If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!

Archive

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin