Friday, October 23, 2009

The Geese Are Flying!


I have been making progress this week but it seems very slow. Here are 104 flying geese ready to be trimmed. Because these are fairly small I used this method at Patchpieces. I cut my squares out one day, marked them in the evening watching tv. Sewed them the next day, cut and pressed. The next night I lined them up ready to sew, and today this is what I have!! I still have the rest of the sawtooth star pieces to cut but that should go quickly.

My plans this weekend was to go to Washington state and visit my dad and stepmom and help them around the house. My sister and her hubby were going too. I call it a work weekend. I also prepped some handwork to take. Unfortunately my dad called my sister last night and my stepmom woke up with the flu. I've made alternate plans for tomorrow which include a quilt show!! Woo-Hoo! (although I do hope my stepmom is feeling better soon)

It's a blustery night and high school homecoming. My nephew, who lived with us for several years is on the homecoming court. My hubby is driving him and his princess in and I'll stand in as "parent" of the senior. We are excited for him although it's going to be a cold night!!

Have a great weekend!!

9 comments:

  1. Those are some great looking geese! Hope the wind doesn't whip them into a frenzy :)

    I'm glad your weekend change of plans will include a quilt show-- you'll share pics, won't you?

    Your blog header pumpkin treat bag is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a good system for tackling so many geese, that's the way I like it too. Have a good time at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 3 or 4 different methods for making geese, and the one you're using is my favorite when I have to make a lot (like for the sawtooth stars). The geese look great--and I recognize a few familiar fabrics.

    Enjoy that show.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your stepmom has the flu... enjoy the quilt show! Your geese are looking great. Can't wait to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen this method for geese. You can be sure I'm going to try this way next time - looks alot faster to make a big quantity of them.

    Have a great time at the show AND the homecoming. Even though Plan A got nixed, Plan B sounds even better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There certainly are a lot of methods for flying geese, but they are one of my favorite blocks. Have fun with those! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those! I like the background dark and the goose light...fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wouldn't wish the flu on anyone but certainly am glad you get to do something quilty in place of a work weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!