Sunday, February 26, 2012

Charm School- Winner

I have to say that I loved reading the comments on this post as did the Country Threads ladies, Mary & Connie.Thank you Mary & Connie for the opportunity to review this book and give one away.

Loved this comment by Susan:

The Goops they lick their fingers
And the Goops they lick their knives:
They spill their froth on the tablecloth
Oh, they lead disgusting lives!
The Goops they talk while eating,
And loud and fast they chew;
And that is why I'm glad that I
Am not a Goop, are you?


What's a goop, you ask?
Check it out on Wikipedia.
Here's another one.

When you are playing with the girls,
you must not pull their pretty curls;
if you are gentle when you play,
you will be glad of it some day!
I LOVE it!!
The winner of one Back to Charm School book and Goat Gazette is Karen of K's Quilting Corner. Congratulations Karen!!
Thank you all so much for entering. Have a fantastic week!!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning such a great new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh.....I had an old nursery rhyme book when I was a kid, and it had The Goops rhyme in it....with pictures of elf-like creatures running crazy all over. I think the book was from the 40's and it had amazing illustrations throughout..... fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Karen! It is a great book. Today my boss said to me, 'I think I need to order every charm pack that comes out, I know you will buy them'. Duh...I always do.
    Thanks for reviewing those books.
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Karen.
    I have a book that I bought for my kids that is an illustrated edition of that Goops poem. I think it might be longer, too. I wonder if I could still find that somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea for karen - I wonder if the book will be at the quilt show this weekend - hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny rhymes :-)
    Congrats to Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Karen. I bought that book awhile ago and really like it. Very cleverly written too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats to Karen on her win.
    this looks like a great book to add to a quilter's shelf.
    it will definately be on mine soon.

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Karen on her win!!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!