Monday, July 27, 2015

Quilters are the Best! Dresses for Bolivia .. Part 2


Thank you for the overwhelming response to "Make a dress for Bolivia" blog post. 
I posted that, got my mom settled in her room, and promptly left town for a few days away with hubby! I haven't had a chance to test any of the links but have looked at all of them. Feel free to choose one and make it your way. 

I looked for cute pillowcases at a couple of thrift stores and they were NOT pretty like shown in this photo. Use a pillowcase, or extra yardage you have in your stash. My plan is take start this week. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
PS, I'll be taking each and every dress with me to Bolivia. I know quilters are a generous bunch and I'm prepared!









https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJaTWARstg&feature=player_embedded
Please remind those making the dresses that sturdy fabric, well sewn seams and big pockets make these dresses more useful.


8 comments:

  1. I used the Nancy's Notions pattern when I made dresses a few years ago. I didn't think about pockets. That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of years ago, I made a bunch with Nancy Notions pattern, too. The pockets are a great addition. Thank you, Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I have plenty of fabric in my stash! LOL!!! I think pockets are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the links ! I have found one and will make 2 dresses !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you share the link to the one you found? I'd like to make some too! Thanks
      Bredf331@comcast.net

      Delete
  5. I've checked out a few of the tutorials and am excited to see what I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lori,
    Sorry so slow to get to this... crazy week last week :) LOVE LOVE LOVE these. My mama used to make simple little dresses for me and even though I was a tomboy... still loved them.
    Note on the links above. First link not valid, 2-5 are good. On the bottom, fab hop shop link is good. Rest do not work. I set up PDF files for the good tutorials and will share with my group. Hoping to send you some dresses... Will follow along here to see how long we can make them. You mentioned 2022, so I think we might be able to get a few done :) LOL.
    Blessings
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!