Friday, September 25, 2015

European Patchwork Vacation

Hello and Happy Friday! I'm having a blast seeing all the blocks coming together for Country Roads.
 In order to keep you from being too bored from seeing someone else vacation photos, (MINE)  I'll try and show you highlights from our travels and the quilt show on each post. (I'll try and keep it to 3 posts)
 My daughter, Rene and I, had traveled to NYC to see the Infinite Variety Quilt show. We knew by that trip we traveled well together. We had been talking about the European Patchwork for a couple of years and she finally said this was a good year for her to do it. Here we are getting ready to board the plane. (This was my first trip to France!)

We rented a great little apartment in the heart of the Latin Qtr. Rene was standing by the entrance in this photo. We loved it!
Directly around the corner from our apartment was this scene. 


 Our first meal. We loved people watching. What you can't see was the man in the sunglasses was smoking as well as wearing a scarf, sunglasses and drinking wine. It was so typically French I had to capture it on film.
 We took off to explore and the Notre Dame was just a few blocks away.
 As was the River Seine.
 The day was beautiful so we explored. The architecture was amazing!
 The Louvre was gorgeous.
 We got to the Eiffel Tower right about dark. WOW!
 Seriously amazing!
 The next day we made our way to D'Orsay Museum. 
The building itself it quite wonderful! It was the Orsay railway station built in 1900.
 Like the monuments in Washington DC the Arc de Triumph is much larger than the photos show.
 Had to get the french baguette to bring home.
 We met up with a friend of Cecile's who brought us to the textile district in Montmartre. It was  fun looking through the 5 stories of Marche Saint Pierre.
 At the foot of the beautiful Sacre Coeur. This was actually the day it rained the most the whole week in France. We didn't let it stop us.
 We met Cecile for lunch then we all went to Sajou haberdashery. (I love that word!) There was a little fabric, mostly dutch, and lots of thread, beautiful advertisements and stitcheries.  They make the most adorable little scissors here in France too, but they were a little beyond my budget. We kissed and hugged and bade them farewell,. What a wonderful day we had!

 It wasn't over! We had planned on doing a night time bicycle tour in Paris and what a blast we had!
Our last night in Paris ended with a Seine boat tour with wine with the beauty of Paris in the background.

Quilt Show:
One of my favorite exhibits at the Quilt show was Beauville's Legendary Fabrics. They had on display exclusive antique fabric that have never been shown to the public before.







They also had bags of fabric scraps, which I purchased!

Mary Koval and I had a chat about these and she said I MUST! So I did! lol

Thanks for coming along.............

If you want to see some more countryside where I ran click HERE

28 comments:

  1. What memories! So glad you had a super trip! Your daughter is as lovely as you are! And I'm so glad you got to meet up with Cecile. After meeting Sue (I Sew Quilts) last week, I am really looking forward to meeting more blogging friends in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post to read and see this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! And I love the pile of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special to take a trip to France with your daughter! It looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lor,
    saw the fabric exibition too, lovely prints.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those gorgeous fabrics are KILLING me!! What a wonderful travel you have made with your daughter. She is beautiful and looks just like you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You 've bought great fabrics !! Wow.....Thank you for the photos and no doubt that you appreciate your trip !
    Did you like the French baguette ?? :)
    I wish you a lovely week-end !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guapísima hija!!!
    que viaje maravilloso Paris es un sueño, me encanta
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour Lori,
    Now that's you've been in France you must speak French! (or should I say: vous parlez français?). lol. it is plain to see that you and your daughter had a great time. (Love the picture of the man with the scraf. Cute.) And you've met Cécile! She is such a joy! I love that lady. Enjoy the new fabric. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous trip! I loved your photos, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip sounds amazing!!! The fabrics at the show are gorgeous! Your little fabric pack looks incredible as well :0) How fun to go on this adventure with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! So much fun to read through this. Glad you're getting to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time, thanks so much for sharing your adventures with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip, looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What stunning fabrics! Glad you got a scrap bag. And you've met the lovely Cecile in person!! Can't wait to see more of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaahhh beautiful Paris, your photos stir up wonderful memories of the time i was there with my daughter. Isn't it an amazing city!! So glad you took Mary's advice and bought those lovely vintage fabric scraps :)) cheers... Marian

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for taking us to Paris with you - must have been fabulous! Your daughter is gorgeous. Am very jealous of your fabric scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Musee' d Orsay made my heart *sing* Thank you for letting me visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vive la France! So glad you were able to buy some fabric while you were there. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an incredible adventure for you and your daughter to share!
    Great fabric scraps--what will you create with them?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this looks like you two had a fabulous time! And renting an appartment in the middle of Paris, how fab!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So awesome, Lori! You are so talented in capturing your adventures in pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome photos... such joie de vivre!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful time you all had. Great photos. And those antique fabrics, what a treat to have seen. The bags of fabric scraps are also pretty. 'Sounds like you had an all-around great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your pictures from Paris. It's so interesting to see the city through your eyes! And honestly-- selfies while on a bike, in the dark?? Very brave!!! Love the fabrics from Beauvillé

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the trip down memory lane - lol - my husband and I went to France several years ago and I loved every single second of it. I was blown away by the architecture and carvings and am forever in love with the Eiffel Tower! I bet you and your daughter had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So fun to see all these photos! Aren't you lucky to have a daughter who wants to go to quilt shows. Looks like you had a fabulous time. I'll look forward to seeing what you'll do with those wonderful scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your photos brought back wonderful memories of our visit to Paris. Would love to go again. Glad you had such a great time with your daughter.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!