Monday, October 26, 2015

"New Beginnings" Aurora Colony Quilt Show

I made it out to the Aurora Quilt Show two weeks ago but have been saving the blog post for when I was gone. It is always one of my favorites. This year's theme was New Beginnings and they had a display of antique log cabin quilts, since that was usually the first thing you needed when you headed west. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did.


 I loved that this one was not symmetrical! Rows do not always have to come out even!! They were trying to make a pattern with the dark blue in the center, but it didn't quite come out perfect. (I absolutely love that humbleness!)


 What's not to love about prairie points?
 And look at the awesome florescent paisleys!
 My favorite thing about this quilt was the border.
 Red checked on the right, tan stripes on the bottom.
 Yellow checks on the left and tan stripes on the top. Too stinkin' cute!

 The ties! Oh my goodness- Love them!
 What a cool setting! I think it looks very modern.


 A hand quilting demonstration by a sweet lady.
And a  primitive stitched log cabin. 

I saw recently that quilt appraiser and designer Sandra Starley wrote an article on log cabin quilts that you may be interested in seeing HERE

Happy Monday!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these lovelies! Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make it to Aurora this time. I wish I had, but can't do everything! You, however, can do everything it seems. Wow, you never stop, do you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Aurora Colony and saw some of their quilts the first year we lived in Oregon. Beautiful setting for an antique quilt show! The asymmetrical quilts remind me so much of my one true antique quilt picked up at an estate sale in the Willamette Valley, I'll have go get it out and do a little post about it, and link back to your post here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Log Cabin quilts -- my favorite!! Thanks for sharing. Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love log cabin quilts - such a heritage pattern. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for these beautiful photos of Logs....
    Have a safe and wonderful trip !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So inspiring! Thanks so much for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only once seen an antique log cabin quilt for sale in an antique shop. Wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love antique quilts so much. Thanks for sharing these with us! Interesting link post about the origins of log cabins too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Totally awesome display of quilts!! Thanks for sharing the "show" with us!!

    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great log cabins quilts! One of these days, I'd like to get to that quilt show!!
    have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful show, love looking at the old quilts and the materials they used.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How very thoughtful of you Lori - Thanks! These are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great display of log cabin quilts. Really love this traditional pattern. One day I hope to make one. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful quilts Lori,
    thank you for sharing.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a nice assortment of log cabin quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow - loved it from Abe Lincoln to the last log cabin quilt - great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!