Friday, July 29, 2016

Cultural Fusion Windmills

 I finally got around to adding my last row to make this 8x8 blocks. it's a happy, summery quilt. Thanks Sujata for teaching the freeform class at Sisters! We have a baby arriving in the family and maybe this will be a quilt for him/her. It definitely looks more girly to me.
 I added a couple new fabrics on the row I did. I've always loved this neighborhood fabric and it seemed to fit in this quilt.
The one in the center was given to us at the Sisters picnic and I thought it was fitting to add to this quilt. 

We are on the move again to get someone hired!! So many businesses looking to hire people and it isn't easy finding the right fit. Fingers crossed this time! I need my sewing time back!!

Have a lovely weekend. More adventures abound in Central Oregon for me!

18 comments:

  1. My first reaction when I saw this top was "Paris" - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fabrics are so fun. A whimsical quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of yellows in your wonderful quilt ! It represents the Sun, but also hope and love....
    I know you did it after hard days and I understand why you chose these bright colors... (if I'm allowed to write that)...perfect for a baby !
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this quilt! I wished I'd gotten off my B-hind and taken that class with you! Oh well, I have the book I guess I could figure it out. Love your color choices. I think it could be for boy or girl? cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is such a happy quilt--should keep a baby smiling. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty quilt. It does look like summer! Good luck with your HR adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created a fun quilt. Hope the right person comes along for the job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun summery quilt! You re so adventurous, always up for spreading your wings, trying something new. [and a very fast sewer too!]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful fabric choices--great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say this could go boy or girl -- so cheerful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely. What is this fabfic collection?

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely. What is this fabfic collection?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful! Love the colors. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very Summer-y! I don't think it is more girl than boy as what I see is blue sky, a citrus punch in my glass, stretched out on grass at a picnic. (yes, I do see all that in your quilt! I have too much imagination!) Anywho! Congrats on finishing the top. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blocks! I think I recognize some of the fabric in the last block... I must have it too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a really fun quilt and such fun fabrics, perfect for summer.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun quilt, love these bright fabrics!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!