Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Folly!

 I'm going to start with a little quilty news, then share a little of my vacation. 
I brought this basket, but left the background! A lot of good that did me, huh?! It's ready to go now. 
 Before I left, my friend Linda,  mailed me her "orphan" blocks. These do not look like orphans to me! Thank you Linda!!
 Here's my Instagram for the week. A lady who works at the bank (and I see almost everyday for work) asked if I'd go on vacation with her. She is divorced and doesn't want to go by herself. (makes complete sense to me!) We've been making plans for several months and Saturday morning early we took off for Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands in Washington State.
As a kid we used to take the ferry to many of the islands so it was fun to go see some of these areas again after all these years. Here are a few highlights.
 The weather was fantastic each and every day we were there! It was amazing! Here we are on the ferry which was getting us to our destination.
 We stayed in this gorgeous inn at EastSound, centrally located and easy to get to everything.
Here is the view from the highest point on the island. 
 We hiked around this lake. 

Went kayaking.
 Went whale watching and saw a pod of orcas!
And after 5 days this welcomed us home. 

Back to the desert, back home.

And after 5 days of travel with someone I didn't know, I consider ourselves friends!

Have a lovely weekend. 


22 comments:

  1. Well, you are a lucky one! Judging by the post title I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it sounds like you have made a genuine friend, even if you didn't get to stitch your basket! Love the orphan blocks and I know you will do something fantastic with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun adventure! looks amazing and how nice to make a real new friend.
    lots of fun "quilt parts"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you get to make a quilter out of your new friend. Love those orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like fun! I want to travel to WA one of these days. What a nice package of orphan blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your vacation pictures on Facebook. Hope you came back relaxed as I know you have been oh so busy with work and other obligations.
    Do you have plans for the orphan blocks? I could add to what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice vacation and a new friend. A win-win on both counts. Love all those orphan blocks. Great fabrics. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, those are great orphan blocks! They will provide lots of creative play time!
    I think it is wonderful that you were able to accompany your acquaintance from the bank so that she would feel comfortable vacationing. Looks like you two planned a delightful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is darling fabric for the basket!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun. Im married and have to vacation alone if I want to do what I want to do...which is not fun. Cant wait to see what you do with the blocks! And new friends are great. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun. Im married and have to vacation alone if I want to do what I want to do...which is not fun. Cant wait to see what you do with the blocks! And new friends are great. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing like the Pacific North West in August.
    super beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful trip and a new friend! Looks so fun. And the orphan blocks are gorgeous, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great trip and wonderful example of taking life as it comes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful holiday! I hope you enjoy every minute of your stitching time this weekend :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had an awesome trip! I hate it when I forget something at home I intended to bring with me on a trip! Can't wait to see what you work up with those orphan blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous trip. The photos are amazing. So glad you're friends with the bank lady - it was either going to make or break! Cute basket and can't wait to see what magic you create with the orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you for saying yes to an adventure! It looks like you both had a fun time. What a gorgeous place to spend a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a lovely time. But I'm sure you are glad to be home again. Too bad about leaving your background behind. At least it is at home and not the hotel!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lori, sounds like you girls (now friends) had a lovely time together... a wonderful getaway from the pics!
    Now you're back home you can get back to stitching your basket block. Lovely orphan blocks too :))

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an absolute wonderful holiday! Gorgeous! And you saw whales... on my bucket list.
    I will bookmark this post for future (travel) reference. Thanks for sharing so many pics.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the basket block.:) Wonderful to see your great vacation pics! I'm terrible about taking pics. Too busy doing I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you, I have always wondered what Orcas Island is like and wanted to go there. The orphan blocks have given me some ideas, thank you for showing them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!