Monday, December 5, 2016

First Friday at QuiltWorks

This is from the Quiltworks site about last Friday's First Friday event:


"Mini-Groups" show, with quilts from Book Scissors Quilt, from the novel "Eligible", Founding Fibers Art Quilt Group, "Portrait Challenge", Central Oregon Modern Quilt Guild's, "Cool Color Challenge" plus a special exhibit of antique quilts owned by Catherine Anderson.  



I noticed with most of the cool color quilts by the Modern Quilt Guild it was all about the quilting. 






  Inspired by a class with Gwen Marston.
I'm a fan of Kristen's work and this one was, imho, the best of the bunch. 

 Some of the "Portrait" challenge. 

 And a cute one from the book challenge.
 I saved a few of the antique ones for last. I have some EEP papers in the diamond shape and am thinking about trying something like this! (gasp!) I haven't jumped on that bandwagon yet, but am only thinking about it at this stage.

This was called Daffy Daisy. 


Hope you enjoyed the show! Hope your week starts off wonderful! Happy Monday!

16 comments:

  1. Now that I have been to this shop I can envision the display really well. : )
    The undulating lines on the fourth quilt are a beautiful effect. When I look at the quilting on the third quilt I think it would make me crazy to do all of that pebbling.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get OFF the EPP bandwagon, but I want to finish my little project first.
    That last quilt is my favorite. It is on the short list in my bucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely antique quilts :0) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Thanks for sharing! Loved the Daffy Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the pictures! I like most the antique quilts!
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great little show, as always. Can't wait to go!
    Thanks for sharing! Are you going to be willing to go again? And meet me there???
    Hint hint hinTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always amazing what you can do with a little cloth and thread. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always amazing what you can do with a little cloth and thread. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the antique ones the best. They are the ones that truly melt my heart! I keep eyeing those stars too, but am so cringing at the idea of EPP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great show thru your pics! Thanks for sharing them. Love the shots you got of the quilting, lots of ideas there for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One quilt caught up my eyes and it was inspired by...Gwen Marston ! OK !! :)))
    The quilts with characters are amazing !
    Thank you for sharing Lori !

    ReplyDelete
  11. The portrait quilts are very interesting. I have seen instructions on how to do the technique but never tried it. I don't think I would be good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful quilts! Thanks so much for sharing these great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! I wish our LQS would do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love those modern quilts, esp. Kristen's! Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always enjoy these posts! Thank you for sharing again. It's fun to see a mini quilt show from across the country!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!