Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Quilts on the Lawn

This wasn't a quilt on the lawn but it sure was a cute little quilt made with antique fabric that Laurie made and hung up for us to enjoy. 

 I went to Seattle with my friend, Michelle, on the left, picked up Juliann, on the right, and made our way to Marysville where Laurie (center, in blue) had a quilt show of Anthologie quilts. The weather has been beautiful and hot but all of a sudden the forecast for that one day called for rain! So, she did what any resourceful woman would do, she did not cancel but moved the quilts from the lawn to the garage.
Her property is the perfect setting for a quilt show. I'm going to encourage her to make this a yearly event!
How cute is this little building?

I'm sorry, I do not know the makers of all the anthology quilts. You can get more info on this quilt HERE. I do know Laurie made the adorable ribbons that adorn the quilts.
Laurie's quilt is the one to the left of the bright green one.
She had lovely vignette's to draw us in for a closer look.

I'm a repro girl through and through, but isn't this magnificent!?

This is her sewing studio!! It is just as cute on the inside!
I know Laurie doesn't mind, but I did snap a few photos in her house. It feel so relaxed and charming! I really love it.
Look at this amazing antique quilt!

And seriously, this is the back!Yes, it is pieced!!

I met some lovely ladies and JoAnn from Quilters Coop opened her shop for us which is located close by! Thanks for helping Susan!

These beautifully decorated cookies came about the time we were preparing to leave. So super cute!

Thanks Laurie for sharing the lovely quilts, antiques, and introducing us to your fun friends!!

I hope ya'll are off to a fantastic week!!


24 comments:

  1. What a fun day! Thanks for sharing the awesome eye candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! I adore that little quilt on the hanger. Thanks for sharing these gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! May I ask what an anthology quilt is? Right up my alley with all those small blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful quilts--and I have to ask too, "what is an anthology quilt"?
    thanks for sharing these lovely works with us hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. eye candy galore...thanks for a great post...I agree...she needs to make this an annual event...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great little outing and saw some amazing quilts!
    FUN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! Her place looks just lovely as do the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun Lori! Would Laurie share pattern availability for her little quilt? Love it! Looks like her home and studio are very inspiring! I love all her little sewing machines on display! That antique quilt is quite wonderful! I have visited Quilter's Coop when it was located in Temecula, CA. It was a wonderful shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would make a fabulous tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute and fun! Love the little school house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fun Lori. Thanks to Laurie for sharing her home and quilts. I bought the book after seeing these blocks pop up on Instagram. I think I have to put that little circle quilt on my to do list. I even spied a Blue Mountain Rendevous on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cool. I love her place. It IS the perfect place for a quilt event. Thanks Lori for sharing with us. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful quilt show! I love all of it! Her vignettes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many gorgeous quilts, big and small! I hope Laurie continues this as well, she clearly has many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super super fun. Loved the quilts and the setting. The shelf reminded me of our Jilly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a fun weekend. Thanks for suggesting going

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a super fun event and how fun to see all the Anthology quilts together! This was the inspiration I needed to start putting my blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I just love the setting/location of this quilt show! It's right up my alley! Beautiful quilts and so many wonderful minis. Not to mention the lovely antique quilt :) Thanks for sharing, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The quilts and the location were wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many good things to see in this post! That little quilt is wonderful and I just loved seeing the quilts from the show. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful photos, would have been awesome to see these in person. Will keep fingers crossed that the event becomes an annual affair. I'm sure hubby would not mind a little road trip from Northern CA. Thank you so much Lori for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This made me smile all the way through! What a wonderful show, and such a great setting. Thank you for sharing it. This is the kind of thing I would love to see in real life, but I am just grateful to have seen it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun and you are right, the lime green quilt is awesome! I do like them all though. And her house is so adorable! What perfect space for a quilt show even if it did rain. Those cookies look delicious and adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!