Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Quilts and Friendships

My take on the International Quilt Festival probably won't look a lot like anyone else's. I told my room mate, helping in the Education dept is great, but it's the friendships that keep me coming back and is the highlight of my week.
So, I'll try and keep it relatively short..... LOL

 Lee is the owner of Two Thimbles Quilt Shop and is in Houston for quilt market so we only have one day that overlaps. Sunday evening after our education meeting we meet up for dinner. When I make trips to Seattle I like to get to her shop, but it isn't always possible. Follow her on facebook or instagram! This is her amazing quilt!!


 A complete display of the 1876 quilts!
Click to enlarge and read more- sorry about the sideways view.

 Karen Beigh's Shenadoah Valley quilt- so beautiful with the rich dark background.

And a selfie with the quilt proves I saw it in person!! LOL 


 Yep, saw Wendy's quilt in person too!! I eavesdropped on many comments- your cheddar background was loved by many!

 
The antique quilt. So quirky and fun to see in person!





I was so excited to see Janet's Bird of Paradise quilt. WOW! 
 So much applique and so beautiful!!



 Every restaurant is so noisy downtown, but it was fantastic to meet you Janet!!
Notice how pretty her hair is! Mine just kept getting bigger and bigger as the day went on!! LOL

And another beauty of Wendy's!!









Here is Barb Veddar's wonderful stunning eye catching quilt! And more proof that I saw it with my own eyes!! 



 I finally got to meet Diane Knott! We've communicated via email, then via phone, now in person!! Whoop! Whoop! She is the one who quilted the fans in my Sweet Land of Liberty quilt.
She was promoting her new book that has  this beauty on the cover!! 

I ran out of steam and will have to continue this post on Friday. 
Love to you all.

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow such amazing quilts, thanks for sharing them for us to enjoy too. I love our quilting community don't you? Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun! I swear I am not going to miss Houston next year! You are right, it is seeing friends at shows that make them special. Thanks for posting those great pictures of my quilts. Someday I will get to see Barb's in person too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all the quilts you shared here. Wonderful applique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an interesting video about the 1876 Project and a link to ordering the pattern set.
    https://www.lopezislandquiltersstudio.com/introduction-to-the-1876-centennial-quilt-project.htm

    The picture you took of my Shenandoah Valley Botanical quilt is very good. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you said on Facebook that your heart was full as you headed home. Mine too was just bursting! It was exciting to meet you after so many years of following your blog. It was fun to share a meal with you and your friends. The quilts were amazing and these were some of my favourites too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an incredible exhibit! I enjoyed every second I spent there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you saw some amazing quilts!! GREAT experience, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time visiting with friends! And saw some really great quilts too! Win, Win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your selfies with quilts and friends! Your smile is always non stop. I'm glad you had such a great time again! The Botanical quilts are so great and I LOVE wendy's and Karen's with those background colors.
    what a cute photo fo you and Janet. her quilt is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh la la... !! Lots of masterpieces in this post !
    Thank you for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For the record, meeting you in person and chatting was one of the highlights of my Houston trip too! We will have to do that again! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the great pics! Loved your selfies with the quilts of blogging friends Barb, Wendy and Karen :) Sounds and looks like you had a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved getting a glimpse of Wenydy's quilts and so many more of our blog friends wonderful works! The selfies with the quilts are spot on--Yay me!! I'd feel exactly the same way if ever I got to go.:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was fun to see your "proof" that you saw these quilts in person. :)
    Oh, one day I hope to be there and see you in person, along with the quilts. Maybe it is just a pipe dream. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful time it all looks like. Meeting so many friends, "old" and new. So many beautiful quilts also. I really like that huge Bernina sewing machine display. Congrats to the Sajou winner.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the virtual quilt show! Loved them all and just my type of quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!