Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My Favorites From the PA quilt Show

 Is this quilt gorgeous?! I loved everything about it.
 The quilting had some wonderful features and motifs.
 Look at this flower! I still don't know how that was done, but it is fabulous!!
 The applique on this was terrific but I was really intrigued by the border. I'm not sure I've ever seen leaves done in reverse applique and in red.  It is beautiful, but I personally would like it better if it was appliqued on top of the background.
 I've seen this pattern before, but what really drew me in was the beautiful floral border fabric.
 The border on this one reminded me of the Jane Stickle quilt. I also liked to see the sampler blocks used around the medallion.
 This was the one we had out photo taken in front of. I've seen it done in pastels, but I like the bold colors so much better.
And I loved the hand quilting. You don't see too much of that anymore.

Barb from Fun With Barb & Mary posted one of my other favorites which was the village quilt. The quilting was wonderful and really enhanced the whole quilt.
Meredith at Quilt Threads posted about a terrific exhibit using antique blocks. Enjoy them at her blog.

20 comments:

  1. I love that last quilt done in the darker colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the photos. The BA quilt is lush. That one flower is made of many little circles. I've never felt up to attempting that. I also liked the Blackbird designs house quilt in the bold colors. Very autumnal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the bright version of "home sweet home" - I am also doing it on a black background and smaller - 10" blocks instead of 20". But my houses are more "traditional." I love this bright version - so folksy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing the quilt show photos. i love baltimore style quilts, they each have such a unique personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilts! That Baltimore Album is a stunner...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some day . . . .a Baltimore Album quilt is on my bucket list . . . sigh. Love the quilt with the plaid border . . .anything plaid for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, I also fell in love with that first quilt. I just stood there admiring it for the longest time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More really great photos!
    Crispy is looking for the house quilt pattern, do you know it?
    Your photos are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that last quilt - the bright colors against the dark background are gorgeous. Do you know what pattern it is?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Thank you for sharing those wonderful quilts! I really love the first one, but they are all stunning quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first Baltimore quilt you sure is my favorite of what you show. I saw the plaid house quilt earlier on Barb & Mary's blog. It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That chrysanthemum looks like it was an applique of lots of overlapping heart-shaped pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous quilts! The BA is wonderful to see and I really love the quilting motifs on it. The house quilt is the other one I could take home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic show! The Blackbird house quilt is amazing in the darker colors...thanks so much for taking us to the show!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Baltimore Album quilt is mind-boggling. The amazing tiny applique, the quilting designs, those wonderful crisscrossy urns, and the little flowers added to the swag border. I am in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aren't those just gorgeous! Talk about "eye-candy". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. All fantastic quilts. Thanks for sharing them with us. It makes me want to go sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, these quilts are wonderful. I just keep going back and staring at all of them. Thanks SO much for posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeadiaarcarie
    [url=http://healthplusrx.com/thinning-eyelashes]thinning eyelashes[/url]
    eledsGlopylow

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!