Monday, July 21, 2014

First Thursday in July

This month's First Friday at Quiltworks was on Independence Day so they celebrated with a First Thursday! I was on my way to Boston, but was able to head over the week before the Sisters Show and enjoy the exhibit.  It was another fun exhibit!
The featured quilter was Cindy O'Neal. 


This is the quilter's family. (including dogs) Isn't that adorable?!

Got a good LOL out of the quilt below. Here's the description which you must read to enjoy the quilt fully.
Got to love a quilter with a sense of humour!



The theme for the other side of the gallery was "Let's Laugh"

Made by Kristen Shields- she is so talented!





Hope you enjoyed the show!




16 comments:

  1. loved it! always inspiring to see what other quilters are doing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was so fun! I just loved that beetle quilt, my first brand new car was a yellow VW bug!
    I think this is great the shop does this I would want to go every month and see it too.
    wish we had more quilt shops here….
    thanks for sharing always fun to see what others in different parts of our country are making
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. maravillosa exposición!!!
    me gustan los trabajos
    especialmente los excursionistas!!!!!!
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such fun quilts, love doing art pieces, as well as the prim.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilyn is so awesome to provide such a wonderful venue for quilters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I did! My particular favourite was the whimsical scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun show, from very traditional to whimsical to just funny. All of them special. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of eye candy in this post and some LOL too. Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you not love a quilter with a good sense of humor? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The monthly quilt show is certainly is an inspirational treat. It's nice that you're able to share it with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite is the flag quilt with the animals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. great quilt show, thank you. Loved the cars one at the end xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your photos of the First Thursday quilt show! I always enjoy seeing them! I can see why Cindy won first place with her challenge quilt! lol

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!