Friday, December 28, 2018

Spencer Museum Quilt

 These beautiful blocks are my friend, Juliann's. Aren't they gorgeous?!
Spencer Museum pattern by Jan Patek
She passed this pattern to me to sell with the books and I asked her if she minded if I kept it and made it and then she showed me her beauties! Karen Beigh has agreed she'd like to do it with me this year and she already has the pattern. 

I am contemplating doing 1 each for a 4 block quilt. The pattern blocks are 20" so I could easily stretch it to about 60".

We are not starting right away on this so if you'd like to join in that would be great! It is available on Jan's site for $9. See it  HERE

Karen and I were trying to decide if they we inspired by any of the Carrie Hall blocks. If you know anything I'd love any information.

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I will be anxious to see this progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pattern too. I'd love to join in on the fun. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! I love the Coxcomb block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS Maybe the Museum or J Patek could tell you if the pattern is designed from an entire quilt in their collection [in which case it would predate carrie Hall's work, I think] or if JP used C Hall blocks. The museum has a huge collection of Hall's blocks but in my admittedly incomplete search I found nothing quite like this quilt. [perhaps it was done as a fund raiser or as a study quilt/ pattern by JP?] Try phoning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the block with the blue stems.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I’d like to join in. I need to get the pattern though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thing I have not made any New Years resolutions! I am in, I just ordered the pattern. I will be making something with strings too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great blocks. I think they'd be nice in wools, too~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to join in, but last time I ordered from Jan Patek's site, it took me months of phone calling and emailing to get my book, and when I got it, it was torn and stuffed sideways, bent into a too small box. I love the design, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just catching up on blogs now that the computer is working again. I was given the pattern and all the original Jan Patek fabric for this quilt just before Christmas and haven't started because it is long and thin, not really todays bed size. So I'd thought I might make some of the blocks with some of my own fabrics included as Jan's red, green and floral fabrics in the kit are very busy. I also have her Sunshine on my Shoulder and Pokeberry quilt patterns that I would love to make. How does one choose what to start first. ??????

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!