Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A Look Back 2018

Happy New Year friends!!

It's always good to look back and see the year in the rearview mirror.
Here are my quilt finishes in no particular order.


Rose of Houston- a challenge quilt using an antique block purchased at IQF. 
Our amazing 2018 quiltalong- Sweet Land of Liberty designed by Cheri Payne.

Brick Wall of Wabash Co- designed by Tara Lynn Baison. 

Our Humble Quilts little quilt quiltalongSajou.



A swap quilt .
Another swap quilt
One final swap quilt. (I'm seeing a theme here!)




Swiss Cross. 


Fall Festival was our 2017 quiltalong 
I was thrilled to be in AP&Q Designer spotlight this year!

And big life events in 2018 but not quilt related:

 A mission trip to Colombia that I feel completely blessed to have been able to go. (And look at those adorable girls in the dresses you made for them!)
My niece and I made a trip to Chico to personally hand out quilts, cash, clothing, blankets, coats, and a cheerful smile. I'm pretty sure we were blessed way more than the recipients.
Made a memorable trip to Italy with my beautiful daughter. 
I summitted Mt St Helens! (Hardest thing I've ever done after running a full marathon) 
 Proved to myself that all my muscle building workouts paid off by backpacking for my first time this summer!
Ran a 197 mile, 36 hour relay with complete strangers!


Wow! What a year! I look forward to 2019 and all the memories and quilts I'll be making!!

Happy New Year!



30 comments:

  1. You are living life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for these wonderful memories !
    Happy new year !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Lori!! Thanks for the inspiration to never stop exploring and do what makes you SING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and exciting year it was. 2019 will no doubt be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say your rear view mirror has some beautiful quilts and some awesome memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't recall seeing your Rose of Houston before, I love it! Might be my favorite of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great year! Rose of Houston is darling, your hand quilting is so beautiful. May 2019 be wonderful for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Your 2018 was fantastic. Can't wait to see what 2019 brings. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A year well lived. Hoping for more this year. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori...wonderful photos, beautiful items, but, above all, beautiful hearts and smiles. Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You packed a lot of life into 2018 - I can't wait to see what 2019 holds for you. I know it will be fun to follow along. Some lovely quilt finishes :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great collection of quilts--large and small.
    Some really incredible life events, Lori. I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phew! I'm exhausted just reading all your accomplishments! What a wonderful and productive year you have had! Thanks for letting us all be a little part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a busy, challenging year! So glad that you're able to do so much of the things that you love.:) Lots of sweet looking quilts too. Always a pleasure to see your distinct stamp on a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a creative and fun year. Wishing you a lot of time to be creative. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. as you said - WOW!! what a year - especially all that physical stuff

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, lots of great quilts big and small and then so much adventure and service! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous 2018 -- quilts and all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a year indeed! So fun to see the different things you enjoy and have participated in. You notched off some amazing goals this year! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You definitely inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks like you had a fantastic year. You inspire me to get in shape. I need to do less quilting but it's hard to stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like your year was full of fun, adventure and beautiful quilts too. What more could you ask for?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You had a fabulous year...looking forward to what lies ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic year you had! You are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing all your talents with us. You always have so much going on! Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  25. 2018 a great year for you,thanks for sharing,it was great to be able to take it with you! May 2019 be even better Happy New Year Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What an incredible year you've had! Here's to 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!