Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Double 4 Patches and the Go!

 I'm making a couple hundred of these 4" double 4 patches. I knew the Go cutter would be a lifesaver for this project. Bonnie mentioned she would show me a fast technique using her Studio cutter.  I know Bonnie has all kinds of tricks up her sleeve so I brought a big bag of light and dark strips.
And sewed a bunch of them together. 

 Then she proceeded to demonstrate while I took some photos. Fold strips in half and cut.
 Place them opposite colors together nestling the seams. 
 She has drawn lines on her 1.5" strip cutter- great idea! (corrected to read 1 1/2")
 Line them up across the cutter, stacking about 6 layers (3 sets)
 Place your cutting board over the top, roll it through and let the magic begin! I was having problems with the fabric sticking to the board and she showed me how to slide it off to one side to keep the fabric on the die. She then removed all little pieces, and stacked up the pairs.
And in short order I had 100+ 4 patches!! 

I was so excited! Thanks again Bonnie for the tutorial!

I'd love to hear any tips and tricks that you have learned with your cutter. I'm new at it and am still learning.

13 comments:

  1. Looks really slick! I have thought about how nice one of these would be, but there is absolutely nowhere to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing! I've been thinking about getting one of these. I'd enjoy hearing more about what you are using the Cutter for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun having you visit!! :) PS - That is the 1 1/2'' die :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Go Baby cutter. I like using it for cutting scrappy hsts from my scraps. I use the Value die. It gives a bonus 2.5" square. They come in handy for Quiltville Mystery time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my Go Cutter, and especially brought the 1 1/2" strip die for making a log cabin quilt - saved me so much time and so much wear on my wrist and shoulder. I have the same issue with the fabric sticking to the mat, so going to try that trick. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have borrowed the Center's Sizzix cutter and bought myself a few dies. it is all new to me and I'm still experimenting. I am so grateful you made this tutorial. Now, I'm thinking of buying one instead of always borrowing it when I want to cut a large amount of fabric. Thanks. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, have you purchased a "Go" or still considering?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool Lori. Look at all those 4 patches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips for using the GO. Sad to hear about Gwen Marston's passed. A great quilter, a great person!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about getting a cutter--this is why.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!