Friday, April 12, 2019

Recovery Friday

I'm still in recovery mode from my whirlwind trip to see Bonnie in NC/VA. 
We had such a blast, we hiked, we sewed, but it was also relaxing and fun. There was no pressure to "do" anything and we both fell into a good pace. Of course, when it comes to sewing I don't even try to keep up with Bonnie! LOL We work differently and that is fine. There are no quilt police!
With that said, here is a sneak peak of a quilt my friend and quilter Sharon, Grass Roots Quilting worked on while I was gone. I'm looking forward to using my Go! cutter to cut accurate strips for my binding!!



Here's my instagram photos for this past week. 

If you are in my neck of the woods there is a quilt show in Madras this weekend. I'm going to put in a couple of quilts today. 

Thank you for all your encouragement and sweet comments! Speaking of comments, I know several of you have problems leaving comments. I got a great tip from Bonnie and thought I'd pass it along here. If you are jumping from my link on Facebook you need to leave facebook completely. Sometime facebook is running in the background with my blog open. Hey, it is just a suggestion to try. You can also sign up to have a blog post delivered to your inbox. On the right side of my page there should be a box for you to enter your email. Thanks!


On another note, please let your swap partner know when your quilt arrives so we aren't thinking it took a detour. That is the most appropriate thing to do, is polite, and is in the rules. If you do not have their email address please email me and I'll provide it. Deadline to have in the mail is April 30. We will have a linky party  mid-May. 

Have a wonderful weekend!!


6 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time. I wouldn't be able to keep up with Bonnie either! Your 1857 quilt block looks beautiful! I still need to work on mine. I like the little checkerboard quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that 1857 block! Looking forward to seeing the entire quilt after it's bound, your quilter did a great job of highlighting your applique on this block. There is something so sweet about simple little 9-patch doll quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it must be so exciting to have your 1857 quilt quilted and ready to bind! I've been watching your antics with Bonnie. What a special trip! I sent my little swap quilt off today. Hope she likes it! Hope you can fit in a nap today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was tired just reading about your escapades with Bonnie!
    Looks like Sharon has done another marvelous job for you. Can't wait to see it all.
    I am also looking forward to seeing all the little doll quilts that are/will be criss-crossing the country in your swap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can’t wait to see the whole 1857 quilt! I thought it was so fantastic seeing you and Bonnie hiking in Virginia! As quilters we sit so much, it is not healthy. We also need to do a little get up and going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounded like a fabulous vacation. I look forward to one day visiting Quiltville Inn. Glad you had a chance to reconnect and enjoy each other.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!