Monday, December 12, 2022

All Things Dominican Republic Missions

What an amazing trip to DR! it is wonderful to be able to travel again. 

I know I shared these photos on Facebook, but many of you are not on that social media so I need to share here. This was the hardest trip to give out dresses and I even brought some home for the next trip! I contemplated not bringing them all but then you know, I would have wished I had them! 
I wasn't able to get as many photos as I have in the past either. 

The mother was ecstatic! I think the little girl was tired. 

Here was one of the 2 classrooms I was able to give out dresses. 




The boys got beanie babies. 

When I saw this, I knew I'd have to go in! Aren't they adorable?
Can she fit in my suitcase?! 

The checked shirts/uniforms were so cute. Check out that little boy on the left. I'm going to need a bigger suitcase! lol
These were the only dresses I had! I laughed that the dresses turned to blouses. Cory helped me and we were rushed. They still look cute!

The reason I had a hard time giving out the dresses is the schools we went to were very large!


There wasn't enough for everyone!

The last time we were able give quite a bit away at the festival. This time felt harder. Someone would see you giving someone something and then you'd have a swarm around you. So I had to be discreet.


I had some totes with me and when I snapped the photo I had to chuckle. The bag had dresses in it and school supplies for the older girl.



Beanie babies pack well and make every kid smile!

Hot wheels turned out to be good too! The kids were even happy with their notepads. 
We gave out lots of pencils, many dresses, beanie babies and cars. So many times we had to be brief and not have photo ops. 

The dedication of the water well is always a highlight for me. We take so much for granted and it is hard to realize not everybody has access to water or clean water. It is wonderful to be a part of that. 



Pre dedication photo with a drone. (not mine)
It is a special time for the village. 


They put on a special show for us. 

Most everyone went home on Sunday but we opted to stay for 2 more days to unwind and relax. It was a good choice! 
It has been a busy year full of change and it was an extra special time for us. 





I made a short youtube if you want to watch it:




Thank you to all who have supported this trip in any way! I appreciate it so much!!

I'll be holding the dresses until next time I have an opportunity to give them away. 

I am truly blessed! Thanks for coming alongside me!




 




7 comments:

  1. Great video, Thank you for taking us along. Very nice recap of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post. Such precious faces and loving hearts. I wish there was a way to have every high school senior go on a missions trip. I know it wouldn't work if they didn't have the right heart but it would be life changing for our kids and for those they were visiting. Thank you Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so heartwarming, Lori. I love what your mission trips are about--all the good you try to bring to the people--especially clean water!
    It was special to see dresses I had made in a few of the photos.
    In response to Patty's comment, my granddaughter went on a humanitarian trip a few weeks ago. She went to Tahiti and their group helped build shelters for people. It was an incredible experience for her. I think it helps the young people see how very blessed they are, and they see that other people who have so little are actually still able to choose to be happy. That is life changing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of this is wonderful. Those sweet smiles are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this special trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for showing the pictures. The well must be so exciting for the village! Our church youth do mission trips and they always come back humbled and grateful for what they have. I will make dresses for next time if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, you deserve a special place in heaven! What a joy to see those happy smiling faces of the children. It must have made your heart filled up with love!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!