Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Whatnot Wednesday

After returning from our mission trip to DR on December 7th I feel like I've started the Christmas holiday behind a little bit. 
I've been doing a little of this and a little of that. 

Putting up simple decor. 

Attending a holiday party with this adorable snoozer!

Made a trip to the local cemetery to see Wreaths Across America on my dad and father-in- laws graveside. Have you heard of this?  I think this was only the 2nd year they have done it locally. 




With one week to spare Cory put up a few house lights, 

And put up his reproduction bubble lights inside. 
No tree this year. 

I'm running out of time, but I did get my Cody panel basted. Now I must get busy machine quilting it!
Any thoughts on quilting the panel? 

One more thing, I've switched my blog reader to feedly. If I have been missing your blog, feel free to leave a link! I know I didn't get them all transferred over. 

Countdown to Christmas! Boom! Let's go!

 

7 comments:

  1. Lori, Merry Christmas and thank you for the year round inspiration "Humble Quilts" provides. I love how your panel quilt is looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your panel quilt my is still in pieces. Where did you get the panel?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you happy Holiday season.
    For the quilting of the panel, I would suggest to quilt the centre medaillon - twice - I mean on each side of the bottom stars. Around the eagle at the top and around the buffalo and four animals at the bottom. You could quilt around the Buffalo Bill sign and the 2 circles at the top of the panel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love seeing your pixie---Nisse?

    And love the snowy lights in the darkness.

    M dad would have liked a wreath. That's a wonderful remembrance.

    Merry christmas!

    lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of that wreaths for veterans thing. My dad was a Seabee in WWII, his father in law was in the Balloon Corps in WWI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree whole heartily, Thank you for the continued blogging, I enjoy reading the postings. It is very inspirational, and has me involved in a few areas I would not have explored. Love the Cody panel! Very excited to see where you take us in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Lori. Seeing your panel quilt reminded me to add one of my panels to my 2023 quilting list. Such a wonderful thing to go on a mission trip, I’ve never had the opportunity. Such a blessing and I can imaging the beautiful memories you have stored up.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!