Friday, October 16, 2009

Bluebird in a Pear Tree

This little wallhanging really caught my eye when I saw it in the latest issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. It is designed by Lynda Hall. The brown tree is cotton and the rest of the appliques are wool. I had some time to get the HST assembled today. Now it needs to be quilted and I'll add a few buttons and a bird eye.

I've been working like crazy on paper piecing another sawtooth border on the medallion quilt. I've got two long sides to go. Not my favorite thing to do, but I think it's going to be worth it, although I'm going to have to substitute different fabric because I'm running out. That isn't a big deal to me although the quilt is already got a lot going on. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I saw that wall hanging in the APQ on-line and it also showcased an alternate colourway. It's very appealing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice wallhanging, it'll look great at your place. I'm madly paper piecing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little wallhanging, I have been thinking of making it too.
    I will have to do it in fabric as I haven't started a wool collection. (yet!)
    cant' wait to see your medallion quilt!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the bird in the tree looked familiar and now I know why. I only looked at my magazine once since it came in the mail. The wool looks good on your piece and sure makes the applique go faster. I need to go back and look at the magazine photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pear tree is just wonderful..looking forward to seeing your medallion quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. Love the name too...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great - I love your fabric choices. (I think I'm going to make mine into a pillow *s*)

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!